limitless lithium charging

im sure this has been asked before but i couldn't find my answer so here goes.

i am going to purchase a 45ah lithium battery, and would like to know if you can have to much alternator for the battery. i have 3 320 amp mechmans under the hood and the battery is rated for 8500 watts at 300 amps of available current. is that to say i cant have more than that? i would assume the battery would be regulated to not accept more than its maximum charge rate. 

2nd question is if i keep the xs power d3100 under the hood as my starter battery without isolating the 2 would that be harmful? i know that the lithium rests at a higher voltage than the xs power will and therefore the d3100 would pull down the lithium, however i thought it wasn't bad for the lithium to rest at (slightly)discharged state unlike agms which would make me think that it wouldn't matter besides that when starting my vehicle it would pull harder from the alts in order to recharge the lithium.(kind of goes back to the first question).  system is between 12-14k rms.

p.s sorry if this seems jumbled i am running on 2 hours of sleep.

So essentially with these lithium’s if you over charge them beyond their max charge rate you just reduce the life of the cells. It’s been a couple months since I’ve researched all this so forgive me if I’m wrong but I’ve heard of people running multiple alts on lithium beyond the max charge rate and have been fine. 

The agm will bring down the lithium for sure but it depends on the chemistry. Since you have multiple alts I say run a lithium side and an agm side. Run bass amps off lithium and 4 channels off agms or something or all on lithium. I would never mix them because your never getting your max lithium potential with mixing the two

Archived