Second Skin Audio

American Bass XFL 1222 Amolifier Help

Hello,

I have purchased the AB XFL 1222 sub which is a 1000 watt rms dvc @ 2 ohms. I am looking at a skar audio lp 1000 as an amp but I also want some other suggestions. Unfortunately my budget for an amp is limited to about $200. I also would like an amp that has the ability to use a bass knob up front. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions you may have!

Been looking at some pioneer amps GM-D9701 or 9601(older model) found some on ebay refurbished or used for well under 200 bucks. Also about 1200 watts at 1 ohm. Taramps do put out power too, but feel the powers and grounds are small inputs for what they put out imo, also heard those fans on them are ridiculous loud(haven't seen first person). Oh also could look for universal knob ct sounds has a nice one with a voltmeter. 

The skar lp is a solid choice. Ive had one in my truck for a few years now with no issues. The pioneer that was suggested is nice as well. Have u looked into american bass phantom line? The ph2500 is perfect for wat u need. Or the skar rp 1200 or 1500. Lots of solid amps on that budget.

4 hours ago, Roadmaster-Build said:

Been looking at some pioneer amps GM-D9701 or 9601(older model) found some on ebay refurbished or used for well under 200 bucks. Also about 1200 watts at 1 ohm. Taramps do put out power too, but feel the powers and grounds are small inputs for what they put out imo, also heard those fans on them are ridiculous loud(haven't seen first person). Oh also could look for universal knob ct sounds has a nice one with a voltmeter. 

i can only hear the fan when I turn my car off

4 gauge inputs it is voodoo but the SMD dyno doesnt lie

3 hours ago, mathewyocham said:

The skar lp is a solid choice. Ive had one in my truck for a few years now with no issues. The pioneer that was suggested is nice as well. Have u looked into american bass phantom line? The ph2500 is perfect for wat u need. Or the skar rp 1200 or 1500. Lots of solid amps on that budget.

Great to know! I've heard a lot of mixed opinions about Skar amps and I'm glad to hear you have had good experiences with them. I have not looked into the AB Phantom line, but i certainly will now.

Archived