Sundown Audio

Amp settings question?

escottl92

28 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Like the last post. My low pass started at 45-50. And fuck a high pass(subsonic). That is what I wanted to play. 

Fi insists that the infrasonic filter be set. Got a note in the box when I got my sub from them. As long as it takes to get anything from them there's no way I'm not going to follow their instructions. 

SSF is to keep your sub from unloading and under control below your tuning frequency. Most people will say set it between 5-7 db below tuning. My box is tuned to 32, but I dont have enough power to get my sub really moving enough to matter, so I set mine a bit lower (around 23) because why not lol

The power you have, I'd prob be more conservative than what my 1200 watt amp is capable of.

3 hours ago, Mike4068 said:

Fi insists that the infrasonic filter be set. Got a note in the box when I got my sub from them. As long as it takes to get anything from them there's no way I'm not going to follow their instructions. 

Whatever. I dont. See how that happens ???  For our builds,  the subsonic setting had no matter. Do what is best for your shit. Could care less what they (Dan, Scott or Brian) says about my rig. 

I know Fi real real well mate. ;) trust me

48 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Whatever. I dont. See how that happens ???  For our builds,  the subsonic setting had no matter. Do what is best for your shit. Could care less what they (Dan, Scott or Brian) says about my rig. 

I know Fi real real well mate. ;) trust me

Totally agree. I dont think I've ever set subsonic.  Just because it's there doesn't mean  you have to use it

1 hour ago, ToNasty said:

Totally agree. I dont think I've ever set subsonic.  Just because it's there doesn't mean  you have to use it

Scott and Dan, put that in the box, for retards that play 800hz below their tuning. Those that get and know their gear..... well, they know. 

Edit- and again, those are variable for a reason. There is NO set place to run a adjustment like that. My shit isnt your shit, my music, way of play,  goals, wants, needs, gear.... isnt what you have. Period

Archived