Second Skin Audio

Anyone here build this enclosure??

New vehicle purchase came with a well made(carpentry skillset) 1/4wave Trannyline enclosure for an 87-90(?) Sd woofer. The ‘system’ has been removed but some ancillaries remain from PO... this ‘box’ is one of those...

vehicles from Sacramento area or south. The owner Might keep the box if i can repair it (pocket screws used throughout and top was hastily removed by the new owner trying to find the secure bolts to the cargo area sheet metal.  

Its got some decent kerf work and im trying to get a pic posted here of it with exact dimensions to facilitate the topic of the thread, lol.

im not an audiophile or expert, but my limited ‘knowledge’ seems to hint that this is not a poor design acoustically and certainly not the worst woodwork ever done.

Sorry, the site wont accept my pic do to its size? Standard iphone 6 jpeg format?

I ended up making an accurrate drawing on graph paper to 1/4 scale since the real photos werent in any way ‘technically’ representative of the dimensions due to bad lighting and angles...

its a transmissionline(sorry for the ‘tranny’ that tapers 3:1(by my uneducated eye. The woofer is located offset in the line as you see in a lot of home audio designs lately.  Judging from the big ends cross section and some stickers on the truck it seems a 12”RF p3 was the likely driver(guess). Theres some pt1s tweeters and punch pro 6.5s in the front doors still....  so that helped the guess.

Maybe this will help, sorry its a pinterest link.

https://pin.it/2clzcpeoydjx6u

Anyone have a public email theyd care to post this pic through and let the smart guys disect this as  junk or an aucoustic masterpiece?

Archived