Second Skin Audio

Anyone here build this enclosure??

4 hours ago, Booger weldz said:

Anyone have a public email theyd care to post this pic through and let the smart guys disect this as  junk or an aucoustic masterpiece?

Email to me and I'll post it

Jesse at triticumaudio.com

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Imagebb  u can upload pics and copy/paste the link on here, have to do it all the time, no matter how small u resize a pic it's too big for this forum. No crazy registration or anything either.

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 2:37 PM, Triticum Agricolam said:

On 7/24/2019 at 9:51 AM, Booger weldz said:

Anyone have a public email theyd care to post this pic through and let the smart guys disect this as  junk or an aucoustic masterpiece?

Email to me and I'll post it

Jesse at triticumaudio.com

Emailed you some pics i grabbed mid rebuild and some notes and measurements to limit any time used to speculate. Thanks for your help Jesse👍🏻 

23 hours ago, Booger weldz said:

Emailed you some pics i grabbed mid rebuild and some notes and measurements to limit any time used to speculate. Thanks for your help Jesse👍🏻 

Here are the pics you sent so everyone can see them.

0.thumb.jpg.425d9060b8690fd416da94a7b5cda436.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.15e7e8dcfadb9f510e09189f73b71d5a.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.eedac572406c774e62b0f1c211929b43.jpg

You are correct, it is an offset-driver transmission line.  You don't see a lot of offset-driver designs used in car audio (which is unfortunate).  Whoever designed this knew what they were doing.  Its a very clever layout, I've never seen one done that way, but I like it.  It looks to be tuned to 33-35 hz.  The taper will lower the tuning frequency lower than it would usually be just based on line length.  I'd throw a sub in it and use it.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

16 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

Here are the pics you sent so everyone can see them.

0.thumb.jpg.425d9060b8690fd416da94a7b5cda436.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.15e7e8dcfadb9f510e09189f73b71d5a.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.eedac572406c774e62b0f1c211929b43.jpg

You are correct, it is an offset-driver transmission line.  You don't see a lot of offset-driver designs used in car audio (which is unfortunate).  Whoever designed this knew what they were doing.  Its a very clever layout, I've never seen one done that way, but I like it.  It looks to be tuned to 33-35 hz.  The taper will lower the tuning frequency lower than it would usually be just based on line length.  I'd throw a sub in it and use it.  

Wow, glad it was decided to keep it(or copy it verbadem in the rebuild)! Thanks for posting the pics but also, youre educated opinion is greatly aopreciated:beer: Have you ever thrown speaker ideas or layout into ‘horn response’ or any other similar calc thats specific to these designs?  Im starting to find this more than just ‘interesting’ but even with more than a few hours studying this art, its not for dummies! A guy could waste a lot of time and wood making funny boxes of junk without a solid foundation on anything beyond a designated sealed volume or prescribed port and enclosure dimensions.

If anyone recognizes this, its your work and i tried to do it justice remaking it out of new wood... 

Archived