First Post Pontiac Vibe 2 10" Skar IX's

So I'd like to start with a disclaimer, this isn't my best build; if there's something in it you see that's wrong you're free to point it out but I'm already very aware of it. I just wanted to get out of the prefab box I had them in for the past year, I'm currently saving up for a new axl, another pair of tens, some more mids, wiring and starter battery upgrade, and parts for an amp. This is a box I whipped up in a night free-hand with a jig-saw.

A little self introduction, my name's Jacob, 18 and live in Louisiana near New Orleans, I'm working on learning amplifier repair and box design, and I'm also currently employed as an audio engineer at a radio station and produce music for local bands as a side gig. My little shit-whip is a 2010 Pontiac Vibe Base Model.

So for starters box specs, 2.5cuft airspace, supposed to be tuned to 36hz (but peaks at 25hz and 47hz with cabin gain). I've got two Skar IX-10's wired down to 1ohm on an American Bass PH1600MD (Rated 800wrms). For mids and highs I have two Rockford Fosgate 100z2 amps one is running front and back doors and the other is running a pair of mids and highs pods I mounted onto the box. Front mids are Skar FSX65 with some soundstream tweeters, rears are running Rockford Fosgate punch 6.5" coaxs. The mids and highs pods are Skar FSX 8" and Skar 3.5" Bullet tweeters. So Whole system is under 1kwrms, but I also got a hand-me-down XS Power XP3000, and the Big-three done. 

spacer.png

This is a bad image but that taco bell receipt and post it have the box design on them that I drew up on my lunch break

spacer.png

Here's a better view of the whole box 

spacer.png

So I am using all recycled wire and it was getting late when I was putting it together so I haven't trimmed the speaker and power wires yet, it'll happen soon.

spacer.png

Here are my pods, I made them in 30min to site on top of my last box I'm already working on re-doing them to fit on this box, and one screw tore out plus they're just ugly AF

spacer.png

EDIT: forgot to add, I had it metered and got a 135.94db outlaw at 47hz I also got a 131.9db at 25hz

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

I like seeing those older Rockford amps.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I like it, gotta start somewhere and get your feet wet. It’s all about learning at first .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived