Sonic Electronix

I have 2 soundqubed S1-1250 strapped, but I'm also going to try and gain match to see which has better performance. I know I can get a rca knob. Can I use a phone splitter or can I solder the other cable (matching inputs) to the bass knob pin outs? Also could I use the POT in one of them to make a RCA knob?

Sometimes splitters work, most other times they don't and to be honest, its possible to damage something by trying to use the same knob on two circuits, do you not like them strapped? The master amp controls the slave with one knob that way, if not then just roll with the rca knobs.

One pac lc1 running 4 boards.

FB_IMG_1555368047080.thumb.jpg.f8060996bf15e23a7eabab3aadb4d739.jpg

same knob,  different build with 6 boards, off one knob

FB_IMG_1555367746032.thumb.jpg.8b4bbf20a7a4cf7eee5d2bff57bf630b.jpg

I, myself hate strapping boards and only gain match. Just personal preference. We used a Scott Bowman COCKBOX in both builds. Basically a one in, 4 and 6 out well made splitter. Worked great. Zero loss of any voltage across all chans. (You can see the cock box, below the first 3800, in the blazer, "top picture", below and left)

2 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

One pac lc1 running 4 boards.

FB_IMG_1555368047080.thumb.jpg.f8060996bf15e23a7eabab3aadb4d739.jpg

same knob,  different build with 6 boards, off one knob

FB_IMG_1555367746032.thumb.jpg.8b4bbf20a7a4cf7eee5d2bff57bf630b.jpg

I, myself hate strapping boards and only gain match. Just personal preference. We used a Scott Bowman COCKBOX in both builds. Basically a one in, 4 and 6 out well made splitter. Worked great. Zero loss of any voltage across all chans. (You can see the cock box, below the first 3800, in the blazer, "top picture", below and left)

Those Crossfires are so nice. Yea i have been talking to a couple people and ive been told to gain match. I dont mind strapping, but i feel im leaving some power. I want to try both ways and see if i can tell a difference. Yea i think ill get a Pac or i may just order the potentiometer in it "B50k" and make a unique one. Thanks for the input

10 hours ago, slowfkncar said:

Sometimes splitters work, most other times they don't and to be honest, its possible to damage something by trying to use the same knob on two circuits, do you not like them strapped? The master amp controls the slave with one knob that way, if not then just roll with the rca knobs.

I did read it could cause damage. I want to try both ways

3 hours ago, Ripkon said:

I did read it could cause damage. I want to try both ways

I know more than a ton of people, using one knob, to control several boards, and have never ever heard of it causing a single issue. 

Ever...

19 minutes ago, slowfkncar said:

Split up your rj/cat knob cable at your own risk, I've seen alpine & mtx amps fry immidiatly with people trying this.

Rca style knobs work perfectly fine on multiple amps but this isn't what you were asking about is it?

I talked to soundqubed today and they said dont do it, so i RCA knob will be ordered

1 hour ago, Kyblack76 said:

I know more than a ton of people, using one knob, to control several boards, and have never ever heard of it causing a single issue. 

Ever...

The factory bass knob? i contacted soundqubed and they advised against it.

Archived