Second Skin Audio

Kicker Vs Skar

Ive been reading for months now, I used to be a kicker fan, (for regular music its not bad) but now im into more low bass and frequency specific mixes and im particularly fond of 20-35hz range. 

now with 2 kicker comp R subs on 1200 watts even in a box tuned to 30hz it barely makes any noise at 30hz. i mean its weird you can only feel it youd think it was trying to play 15hz I also have a 40hz box that I could lower to around 38 with some modifications,  (5" wide port by 12" tall) that one is louder on all frequencies. Ive read that kicker really isnt the brand for you if youre looking for lower bass as many of the amps have an undefeatable low pass of 25hz. So my question, If I kept my box (it is within spec and tuned to around 40 i can get it down to 38 or so.will 2 skar EVLs on 2500 rms true power get me the low lows im looking for? or willl i need a to build yet another box. also is skar a good brand for budget low frequency bass? Ive been looking at Skar, American Bass, and EMF. I would use a matching amp if possible from the same brand. ive installed many many systems but not until Im an adult to I really care about more than just making my trunk rattle.

my setup

Sony 390w@2ohm  4 Channel with DSP

4 JBL g600c Components (2.3ohms)

Kicker CXA1200.1 (2019 model)

2 Kicker Comp R 12s (2 ohm)

tuned to 40hz. 

I just checked them out, Id be seriously over powering them unless I stuck with my 1200 watt amp, however I want to upgrade my power to around 2000 rms as thats about the limits of my electrical system before i need to start upgrades on it.  (180 amp alt with amg bat) looks like the Level 3 Would match my power needs better than the level 1, do you have personal experience with these subs? thanks in advnce

Skar will destroy the kickers 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

52 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

Skar will destroy the kickers 

Meh ... all depends on application 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I’d save 50 bucks and rock that Skar , and that’s Kickers top of the line.

95EF7C89-40A6-451C-B072-18EBCA8518DD.png

D1651C1D-1CAD-493E-A6EB-B7DDCBF9AC14.png

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

DC is a good choice also

4 hours ago, Ron36 said:

I’d save 50 bucks and rock that Skar , and that’s Kickers top of the line.

Why so defensive ?? Personal preference does not justify better product. Just Saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived