Second Skin Audio

Help with a ported box for two Sundown SA 12s

2 hours ago, jessdabest77 said:

Wanting help designing a ported box tuned to around 31 32 Hertz. For two Sundown SA 12s. Space available is 30.5" Wide x 16" Height x 24.5" Depth. It'll be ran of a 2200 watt amp at half ohm. Should it be a side or middle port. Would like it tuned low thanks in advance. 

I wouldn't tune the SA series to 30hz personally. 33hz minimal with subsonic set to around 28 at the lowest. Preferably 30hz. They only have like 16mm xmax and don't particularly like lows. They snap hard from 33up though.  

I dont know if you conisdered the trunk opening or not so you may have to build this in the trunk. im using your max dimensions. 

You dont have to do the 45°s but i would recommend at least doing the triangle in the back of the port. 45's should help and i personally would do them. 

you can mount the subs on the front or top of the box, you choice. not sure what makes your car get loud but keep in mind this box is at your max height and the subs will add to that if you mount them on top.

There is just enough room for the subs to mount with the width provided. you have 11 3/4" width internally and the SA'12 has an 11 1/8" mouting width. your cutout will have to be precise. 

I encourage you to get a second opinion as well. Plenty of guys here who design boxes. Let me know if you have any questions

(edit: spelling)

vtD7PRS.png

3 hours ago, jessdabest77 said:

Hmmm. I'm still waiting to see what other people say on design

Dammit. Lol you are right. I'll fix it when I get home. 

Archived