Sonic Electronix

To start off, I have a 04 Chevy Silverado EXT Cab. 

I have 2 15” Kicker CVR subs in the back. 

I have a 2000 Watt Kenwood KAC-9106D Amplifier. I have it gained properly by ear, ISF set, it sounds good! When it’s turned up my rear view mirror will move in an oval rotation and I won’t be able to see or make out any objects. Well basically, I work at a fast food place and some dude came around the drive thru with a van and his system he had 2 10’s and he was shaking the floor and you could feel the vibrations in your body, it was loud and you can legitimately FEEL it shake the window, ground, and you. I asked my co workers if mine were that loud and they said it was loud, you can hear the bass but you just can’t feel it... I was wondering how i could get the bass to be like that. I usually have my windows down when I play it and my roof shakes audibly but his van with his 2 10’s were just out of this world. I don’t get how I could improve the way my system sounds. Any ideas would be helpful, thanks!

1 hour ago, ToNasty said:

You can't set gain by ear

Yes, I know, but i mean is when i turn it up to the max i will ever listen to my music at, the sub will not be distorting or anything. I put my ear up to my sub and turn the gain up until i hear an over excursion “whom” sound or maybe a stress sound and then i turn it down. my amp is 3 feet away from my sub so it’s easily adjusted while i have my ear next to the sub.

youre on a forum where they sell Distortion Detectors to properly set the gain on your amp and your 7th grade graduated ass says u did it by ear.

Please sell your system and buy headphones.

15 hours ago, RainbowCamaro said:

I have 2 15” Kicker CVR subs in the back.

I came out of lurking to point this out haha. Ain't gonna shake the earth with 500W Kickers. Even being 15's doesn't save the situation. Another huge variable is your box, that can make or break it all.

You could be clipping to the sub and not even hear it too. My bass knob has a clipping indicator and when it goes off I usually can't hear a difference in the sound. If you actually hear it, you're clipping hard. Soft clipping can still build up heat and risk blowing your kickers.

2 hours ago, k58.cross said:

I came out of lurking to point this out haha. Ain't gonna shake the earth with 500W Kickers. Even being 15's doesn't save the situation. Another huge variable is your box, that can make or break it all.

You could be clipping to the sub and not even hear it too. My bass knob has a clipping indicator and when it goes off I usually can't hear a difference in the sound. If you actually hear it, you're clipping hard. Soft clipping can still build up heat and risk blowing your kickers.

👍🏻

Archived