Sonic Electronix

Here's another question. The amp is a Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D. It has 2 sets of speaker outs for convenience, even though it's a monoblock. If I use both sets of speaker outs, is that going to freak the amp out? (one would be at 2 ohms and the other at 4 ohms.) Or is it all the same to the amp? Or do I need to run 3 wires, one from each voice coil, and tie them all together onto one speaker output on the amp? 

I'm not saying I am going to do it... this is all jsut theoretical at the moment. But inquiring minds want to know! 

It's the same positive and neg output, just giving 2 terminals. Both go to same trace on board.

But, why the hell would you mix a infinity reff. (Buy one get one free best buy subs) with a b2?

Just like you're doing, run the be solo.

All the infinity is going to do is muddy up the waters and steal wattage from the b2.

I've had the infinity for over a decade. It's the old white aluminum cone kind, and actually was pretty nice but kinda low power handling at only 350 watts RMS. The B2 was an upgrade... I plan to get a second B2 eventually

It's a perfect 12.1

The B2 is a reference. Sorry I sometimes get mixed up. Byslexia is a ditch. ... but I think I had it right the first time, for once.... At one point I think I did call it a Kappa.. But I've never owned a kappa sub.. only Kappa components. 

On 8/12/2019 at 7:13 AM, Casparado said:

They are not the same brand. One is a B2 ref12 and the other is an Infinity perfect 12.1. Right now I have just the B2 in there and it sounds damn good. My ultimate plan is to get another B2 sub but I was just toying with the idea of throwing the Infinity in there in its own sealed box jsut for shits and giggles, until I get the other B2 and a ported box made. The B2 handles twice the power of the Infinity fwiw. 

That being said, I think my plans are changing. I've been reading that T-line thread and after a sh!t load of pen on paper, I think I can just barrrrely fit a T-line box, tuned to 21Hz (!) that will match the B2 ref12. It's got 13.5ft of 80sq.in port.  ... I'm just waiting on feedback if I really need to tune it to the sub's Fs of 20.8Fs or If I can tune the box to 28Hz and get away with it... or if that defeats the purpose of going T-line in the first place. 

Archived