Second Skin Audio

Box recommandation 1 SQ hdx315 D1

neoM

Hello,

Im not so good with winisd or any other simulation program , as i dont really understand it at all . So im hoping someone have some spare minutes and can simulate a good box with aeroports for 1 SQ HDX315 D1.

I have a box atm tuned to 32hz with slotport built by a friend of mine, but i want some little extra if possible?  With this box i metered with termlab 144,9 with 1 extra XS D3100 and 1 gladen rc3200c1 @ .5

Thanks in advance and regards Andreas 

SQHDX315D1.jpg

6 hours ago, Joshdashef said:

What is your port area ? That seems super small for a 15 ?

Really good question as my buddy didnt remember. I got the port out and took some pictures :D 

39L x 10W x 20H 

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

s5.jpg

9 hours ago, shredder2 said:

How much power are you clamping and what is your net volume in Ft3 approximately?

Basically you have a 7"x4" port then?.. 28ish in2?

Usually a 15 on any power needs 50in2 plus of port.

Clamping 2,8kw-3kw . Net volume in Ft3 would be like 3.6 3.7ish . If i understand you right now, ur saying that i should have almost dobbel  so big port as i have today? 

6 hours ago, neoM said:

Clamping 2,8kw-3kw . Net volume in Ft3 would be like 3.6 3.7ish . If i understand you right now, ur saying that i should have almost dobbel  so big port as i have today? 

Actually I'd probably go 60-65in2 of port in that volume. 

And that's sticking with a slot btw.

Sorry man... if you're clamping 3k I'd definitely increase port area with that setup.

6 hours ago, neoM said:

there is a guy on here named Triticum and he made an awesome calculator to help others decide how much port area they wanna go for, give it a shot. You don’t have to get optimal port area it’s just a recommendation to help you decide

53 minutes ago, shredder2 said:

Actually I'd probably go 60-65in2 of port in that volume. 

And that's sticking with a slot btw.

Sorry man... if you're clamping 3k I'd definitely increase port area with that setup.

I will give it a try and see what im ending up with, my wooden hands are not the best out there so was hoping to do a new box with aeros.  But sure im gonna give it a try!

Thanks for all the help :) 

Archived