DD1 - Assistance and Clarification needed please.

Howdy, 

I recently picked up the DD1 and CC1 combo. I am currently attempting to set gains on a new Synergy WFO2.1D . The head unit is a Kenwood DNX955S. I set everything flat and the subwoofer  to zero (it maxes at 10 and goes to like -30). There is a bass knob involved as well. I set it at max and not at half. Once I set the gain if I go into the subwoofer setting and start to increase it the system starts to clip. I have the manual and read it and understand for the most part.

Here are some questions. 

1. Is it better to set the gain with the bass knob disconnected and then add it back to the system and if so does that mean it will be set so that the max level on the knob is equal to the max level just set by the dd1 on the amp ? 
  2. When setting everything flat and putting the sub woofer to zero. Is it assumed that I will never adjust those and they should stay at those setting for optimal performance? 
  3.  Is it better to use the same db tone all the way from head unit to amp gain for example use -5 to find max clean on HU and stay same working all the way back to final setting at amp or is it better to use the 0db to find HU max clip volume and then use the -5 to set the gain for the amp?
  4. Which do you use if keeping knob connected while setting gains max dial or half dial? (I understand what the manual says about this. I am asking if that is how everyone does it)
  5.  Lastly. If the signal light pulses even if ever so slightly is that a concern or an indication of an error the equipment being tested

I did look through the 22 pages of threads. I did not really see direct answers to these questions. If I have missed them I apologize. I assure you I did search before posting. Thank you for any info and or advice and look forward to the responses.

Kind Regards

Kenwood DNX995S
Fronts - Hertz ESX 165.5
Rears - Hertz ECX 690
Sub - Resilient Sounds Platinum 12 2ohm DVC
Mid/Highs Amp - Skar SKV 125.4
Sub Amp - SynergyAudio WFO 2.1D
Box - Custom 2.7cu 32hz 6" Big Ass Port VersaTune
SPL Lab Mini 141.8 outlaw

Set the subwoofer level at max  or minimum half way and leave it there you don’t mess with that after and must be set before you test deck also ..if it’s a bass knob throw it away if it’s a gain knob all the way up when you set it 

Thank you CstrokerV. I believe it to be a gain know as this amp does not actually have a bass boost option on it. The only dials are infrasonic, gain, and lpf

Kenwood DNX995S
Fronts - Hertz ESX 165.5
Rears - Hertz ECX 690
Sub - Resilient Sounds Platinum 12 2ohm DVC
Mid/Highs Amp - Skar SKV 125.4
Sub Amp - SynergyAudio WFO 2.1D
Box - Custom 2.7cu 32hz 6" Big Ass Port VersaTune
SPL Lab Mini 141.8 outlaw

1. If it's a bass knob, throw it in the trash. If it's an attenuator such as an lc-1, it should be set to max

2. Set with all levels at zero. Further adjustments can be made by turning items down as opposed to up

3.0db for head unit, then appropriate choice for amp. If you're relying on the head units internal amp for your mods and highs, check with 0db through RCAs, then chosen overlap for the speaker out. Choose whichever is the lower volume setting to continue

4. See 1

5. Pulses as in turns on and off? Preout might be weak. Measure head unit through the amp - I think the manual touches on this. If not let me know and I'll walk you through.

For number 2 Besides the sub level 0 is zero volts to the preamps so it has to be up when he’s doing the dd1 unless he’s talking about the bass boost level on the deck which I think he isn’t ..