Sundown Audio

why does my smd dd-1 detect distortion immediately when hooked taramps amplifier?

Masterbasser

^^

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

I found this thread here that seemed to indicate that the dd-1 doesn't work on these on account of no output filtering.

Can't you get a clip indicator with those things? That might be a route you can take. Or oscilloscope. Or play a square wave and measure peak to peak voltage, then convert to RMS and play a sine wave + use a DMM to set gain

yea got light as soon as detect signal. sound like tin can too.

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

• 2 weeks later...

I have a taramps HD3000 and im not surprised with your issue lol

Taramps does come with a bassknob looking thing that has a power, clip, and protect light on it. 

Tune to clipping with the included lights if you cannot find a better answer from someone who knows more about tuning taramps with the SMD dd

unrelated but be careful where you mount taramps or any amplifier with those fans built in, they are sucking in crap that sits on the board and becomes conductive overtime, shorting the amplifier even if the car is off.

3000 watts at 2ohm for 200bucks on the smd dyno but it def sounds different than class D.  Im ok it makes my wipers dance and my american bass xfl can take the abusive output for the 20minutes i play a day.  for a daily drive to work and back with 1 battery it gets the job done.  sitting at a car meet playing fucking forget about it, when the amp gets hot it turns to shit on the output and it heats up fast even with fans.  im waiting for koreans to perfect the newest brazil style.

This video taught me almost everything I know about taramps

Archived