B2 Audio

My unfortunate B2 experience with the ref 4 channel and 3 way component set

Oh boy where do i start...I'm so insanely disappointed. I've wanted a b2 setup for so long and now i had the funds.

So i spent some serious cash on a B2 Reference 4 channel amp{$1400} and a b2 
Reference 3 way kit. Tweets, mids and woofer in the kit.

I WAS SO EXCITED! I hooked everything up while cutting my wrists because i just spent over $2000 on a 4 channel amp and a 3 way kit.

I dialed everything in, dd1, cc1 i did my proper placement with my tweets and all that jazz. Everything was wired up ready to be fired up. 

Turn the radio on and well...i was...i was so upset. It sounded terrible. Nothing remotely better than my premium bose system i had in there prior. Disappointed, mad and angry i thought maybe it was my crossovers. So i removed those and went active....still nothing exciting. Maybe its the RCA's who knows!? Replaced those...nothing.

I brought in my external eq and fine tuned it...still sounded terrible. I replaced the wiring, added more sound deadening and once again. Nothing worth $600 for a 3 way set

I had a CT sounds kit in my old expeditiin that sounded absolutely amazing for such a dirt cheap price out of the box with no tuning. So i had an idea of ok I'll just do exactly what i did with my old setup and apply it to this one. NOPE! Terrible. 

On top of all of this, being insanely angry over how excited i got over such an expensive setup my damn 4 channel amp stopped working.

Months passed and i got my amp fixed so i went to my last resort and got a helix DSP mk2, had a very reputable shop tune it just incase i was missing something and still no luck. My tuning guy told me to throw these out.

All in all, its a love hate relationship with B2. I'm very angry at the price i payed for all of this.

I'm not here to bash B2 and i know theres a handful of people who do enjoy this brand but if you are reading this B2 please lower the prices down. If i payed half of what i spent i would've been just fine. This left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

B2 not a fan.  There are others brands out there also.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

13 minutes ago, Casparado said:

Damn. I've been lusting after a set of the 3-ways also, but you're making me re-think it. I feel your pain that's such a let down! 

I remember telling you this in another thread

Just now, ToNasty said:

I remember telling you this in another thread

Yes, you did. This is just reinforcing what you said. I still want to hear a set to see why the sound is sub par, but I'm not going to buy them. 

What you didn't tell us is what kind of vehicle this is.  Many, and I mean many, late model vehicles have all kinds of challenges facing you in the digital domain that must be undone or normalized before installing new gear - equalization contours designed to make $3 speakers sound like $30 ones, fully active systems with each component having a narrow bandwidth of operation and / or delay, multiple position contours overlaid on top one another, etc.  In addition, you could have some impedance mis-matching with your interface which could cause frequency response irregularities, etc.

So, share a bit more.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

14 minutes ago, snafu said:

What you didn't tell us is what kind of vehicle this is.  Many, and I mean many, late model vehicles have all kinds of challenges facing you in the digital domain that must be undone or normalized before installing new gear - equalization contours designed to make $3 speakers sound like $30 ones, fully active systems with each component having a narrow bandwidth of operation and / or delay, multiple position contours overlaid on top one another, etc.  In addition, you could have some impedance mis-matching with your interface which could cause frequency response irregularities, etc.

So, share a bit more.

He has a 2015 silverado.  Almost the same stuff I have in my 16 silverado. I worked with him over the phone.  

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Sounds like a serious phase issue ... Just Saying 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch