Second Skin Audio

Prefab for 2 American bass xfl 1244

danielbea

Looks pretty good. Your design and build could be made a bit simpler by using an aeroport though. Port area will be a bit lower than achievable with slot port, but install is just cut a circle. Aeroports do have better efficiency due to less surface area, but I'm not experienced enough to say if the loss in cross sectional area is worth it.

One thing on box dimensions...If you're sliding it into a trunk, make sure it can fit through the trunk opening. Sometimes the trunk interior is bigger than the opening and you can get in trouble 😐

10 hours ago, k58.cross said:

Looks pretty good. Your design and build could be made a bit simpler by using an aeroport though. Port area will be a bit lower than achievable with slot port, but install is just cut a circle. Aeroports do have better efficiency due to less surface area, but I'm not experienced enough to say if the loss in cross sectional area is worth it.

One thing on box dimensions...If you're sliding it into a trunk, make sure it can fit through the trunk opening. Sometimes the trunk interior is bigger than the opening and you can get in trouble " src="https://twemoji.maxcdn.com/2/72x72/1f610.png">

Imma give it a shot worse that can happen is I'm out $40 bucks for wood

On 8/12/2019 at 9:46 PM, danielbea said:

Cool thx I was looking at a qbomb but I thought maybe a lesser known source might have something and that's exactly what you showed me

Definitely don't do a qbomb.  I had a customer bring one of those in and it had 1/4" gaps in between the panels in some areas, with gobs of silicone smashed in and bedliner laid over the top.  Other areas on the outside had silicone on top of the finished bedliner, like they found more gaps after it was finished and decided that would be a suitable solution.  They're junk. 

Archived