Second Skin Audio

Need help designing box for 4 Skar EVL 12s

BubbaJ

Hello everyone I had a shop custom build me one and told them i listen to rap, decaf and would like it tuned low. It seems that it is tuned pretty high because the box is very peaky and wont play anything below about 36-37hz. So i decided on trying to build my own box to get the results im looking for so i downloaded some programs and have been playing around with hornresp and winisd trying to design me a box for my 4 skar evl 12s. I cant seem to get the results im looking for on the graph so im wondering if anyone thats good at designing boxes could help me. This is my very first design and honestly have no clue what im doing haha!

Im wanting a box that plays low and hard trying to do some hair tricks if possible.

Whats the vehicle and the dimensions of the area you plan to install this box?

Also, I have Termpro so if you have your current box and port dimensions I can make you a graph pretty easily to show why the box isn't performing how you'd like possibly

Current box dimensions: 

60 1/2 length 

20 deep

20 height 

all 1” mdf top is double baffle 

Max dimensions:

60 1/2 length 

20 deep

22 height 

Port in my current box:

14 1/2 height to a 45 then the L length that goes into the box from the 45 is 5 inches 

It’s a 2006 GMC Sierra ext cab no back seat. 

The box I have now is sub up port up

7 hours ago, BYTizzle said:

Whats the vehicle and the dimensions of the area you plan to install this box?

Also, I have Termpro so if you have your current box and port dimensions I can make you a graph pretty easily to show why the box isn't performing how you'd like possibly

Seems like about 5 cubes net per side tuned at 30hz with 47sqin of port area.  It's a little over the size they recommend but as long as you aren't overpowering them its actually helping add some output below 30-35hz area.  Can you post a pic of the amp settings?  And what Amp BTW?

That's what I was picturing in my head and did the box calc off just 1 side.  I believe my measurements were right and I did graph it in TermLab and I don't think the box is the issue here.  Is the Subsonic set too high maybe?

This is what you have now vs the recommended. 

skar.png

Archived