Sundown Audio

How efficient are the SAX-100.4's? Right now i have a RF P450.4 for my mids and highs, the birth sheet says its 96x4 @ 4ohms and only like 61% efficient. So the sundown would only be ~15-25 wrms more per channel, but im lookin for efficiency. Also lookin into a SAZ-1500d to replace my T10001bd(1633 rms at 1ohm and ~80% eff.)

Overall about how much would it really benefit me by switching to sundown amps? I have a 2000 Impala and the biggest alt i can get is a "200" amp. I just got another T1 and the T10001bd is running at 1ohm again and i forgot how much the lights dimm :( , but when idiling the voltage only drops down to 12.9(not on all songs just a couple, most songs it goes down to ~13.3ish) at full tilt. When im driving -any speed- and the bass hits i can "see" and feel the rpms dropping like 1-200rpms-is that normal? i only have 1 optima yellow top under the hood(with the 185 amp alt- <_< ), should i go get another one for the rear and see what that does first? IDK what to do............

Thanks

Class A/B amps aren't incredibly efficient by nature, the 61% on your P450.5 is fairly normal.

Have you already purchased the 200-amp alternator? If I was you I would start there and see how it goes. By swapping amps you may drop a few % amperage draw but likely not enough to eliminate your voltage drops and light dimming.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Class A/B amps aren't incredibly efficient by nature, the 61% on your P450.5 is fairly normal.

Have you already purchased the 200-amp alternator? If I was you I would start there and see how it goes. By swapping amps you may drop a few % amperage draw but likely not enough to eliminate your voltage drops and light dimming.

Agree. The Sundown amps are sick yes and are efficeient, but I would try to elimate the main key component of a system your alt, wireing and battery source. Then you can power them Sundown amps to their fullest and really get them going.

yeah, i already have the iraggi "200a" alt. All 1/0 gauge wiring, Big 3. Ive got a 40ft spool of RF 1/0gauge wire sittin here for when im ready to rip all the seats out and put another run of it in for another battery, im just too damn lazy but if i gotta do it imma do it. I just need some 1/0 gauge terminals.............

Thanks