Second Skin Audio

Fiberglass Enclosure

tmoney09

So i'm going to attempt to build my first fiberglass enclosure. The vehicle it's going to be in is a Nissan 370z. I'm going to be using a FI BTL 15 with a sundown SAE 3000. You all know the BTL is a lot of woofer so I was wondering how thick/layers I need to be using to support the sub. I also was wondering which way you guys think would be optimal to face the port. My plan and truly only option is to face the sub towards the trunk. I can fire the port either towards the side or maybe up but it'll be tricky to fire upwards since I intended to use dual 6 inch aero ports and upwards would require many bends and I don't know if that would even be possible. Side firing is probably going to be my only option but would that work alright? I'm thinking the box will be around 6 to 7 cf before displacement. If it did happen to be 7 cf before displacement, after subtracting woofer, port, and some bracing (if needed with fiberglass) it'll be around 6.16 cf according to Torres. Would that be to much for this particular woofer? Also would two 6 inch aeros be enough port area? Ill take any tips as far as building the enclosure goes. I feel like this is going to be an absolute epic failure but i'm willing to try haha

Archived