Second Skin Audio

Sundown sa15 box help

Htown B.O.B.

So I want to build a basic ported box for 2 15 sundown sa15 and looking around I haven't found many builds for it. I have a 2018 Chevy Malibu with a skar audio rp2000.1d to run them and a xs power d3400 in the trunk. Sundown website says 3-4 cuft per sub and wondering is that good to by or is there is there a different size for best sound. I have 38"w, around 20" deep and 17"high. Would that be enough room for what I need 

You need more space. The dimensions you gave aren’t going to provide enough net volume for two 15”s. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

You could probably fit both in a sealed box and it would be a tight fit... but their T/S parameters don't really work for sealed enclosures unfortunately.  You could try it, but you'd prolly have better luck with just going with a single 15 ported. 

2 hours ago, Htown B.O.B. said:

So 3-4 cuft is what the website calls for but is there a number that may be better 

Changing the net volume of a box changes how it sounds.  That may be good or bad depending on what your goals are.  There isn't one "right" or "best" box spec. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived