Sundown Audio

Murky

Yo i bought an earthquake mini d 2500 amp thought it was 0 awg input but it has only one 4 gauge input that has to be fused at 100amp

This amplifier is supposed to output 2000w rms at 1 ohm and somehow 1800w rms at 2ohm

Doesn't this mean i need like 18v to run this at full potential because it only has a 100a fuse rating

I also have a kicker cx1200.1 that has the same fuse rating and 4 gauge inputs that does only 1200w rms at 2 ohm wich seems fair

I feel like something might be wrong here

Just tell me what i should do and if u have ever seen something like this

(if the mini d2500 puts out 1800w rms at 1 ohm and does it without setting shit on fire i'll be happy)

I'll be happy to hear from you guys

Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, Murky said:

This amplifier is supposed to output 2000w rms at 1 ohm and somehow 1800w rms at 2ohm

Doesn't this mean i need like 18v to run this at full potential because it only has a 100a fuse rating

What is means is that the manufacturer lied about how much power its amp produces.  It it puts out 1000 watts at 1 ohm you will be lucky.    Its not physically possible for it to put out anywhere near 2000 watts on a 100 amp fuse.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

16 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

What is means is that the manufacturer lied about how much power its amp produces.  It it puts out 1000 watts at 1 ohm you will be lucky.    Its not physically possible for it to put out anywhere near 2000 watts on a 100 amp fuse.  

That seems kinda fcked up

I better send that POS back

You got any other recomendation for an amp at 2k rms at 1ohm? (probably won't be able to find it in europe tho)

Otherwise i'll probably go with a ground zero if they put reliable power ratings on their products

And thanks for saving me from a headache i apreciate it

Archived