I am not exactly new to car audio, I have installed several systems, but would still like some advise, from the pros.

I currently have one Alpine type R 12” gen one, in a sealed enclosure running off an Alpine M500, and Boston Rally series 6.5 coax in the doors, running off the head unit.

I bought a set of Boston SL60 components for my Prelude, But I have been seriously contemplating going a different route with my summer car. I may put the Boston’s in the winter beater, and go with pro series drivers, using the head units crossover, and bridge the corresponding 4 channel amp.
Now that I have a nice enough head unit, that may be feasible (AVH-X4800BS) would this work well?
Now, I need to figure out which 4 channel amp would be better to use, I have Two...
A JL Audio JX400/4D class d, or my Infinity Reference 7540a class a/b
I don’t have a clue which amp would be better suited, cleaner, higher quality...etc, because other then testing...I have no experience with either amp...I know the Infinity is more powerful, but it’s also more then twice the size. 
I would also like to ask for some suggestions for high quality pro mid bass drivers, that have tight mid-bass, you can feel, but also in a reasonable price range.
Also suggestions on really nice tweeters.
I’m thinking I’ll either just leave the stock 6x9s on the head unit for rear fill, or just unhook them all together.
Please tell me your thoughts on this.
Thanks
Tim

Hey there! Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately we don't allow comparison threads between brand. Historically they have been too much of a pissing contest between fanboys.

Also: We have a couple different sections that might be better suited for this question. This are is more for website issues and bug reporting. I know we have a lot of subforums and it can make your head spin. ctrl+f is useful while you learn your way around

Archived