Sundown Audio

Class D for mids + Highs?

MattDutts

I know it has always been the case that for accurate and better sounding music, its best to go for class A/B amps on your mids and highs where the clarity matters most. BUT after comparing different options, trying to find the best bang for my buck (as i'm on a bit of a budget for my first build) im seeing more companies, a few examples are B2 and Alpine, producing Class D amps that are boasting low THD levels and use high end components that apparently rival the performance you'd get from a class A/B.. My question is, do these class D's really preform as well as an A/B or is it worth spending that bit extra on an A/B? 

Im sort of going for a SQL build, something that'll sound good but still be able to play loud, hence why im wondering if the latest class D's are up to the SQ side.

6 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

Can I answer your question and you not get offended? It's pretty much the only way I know how to answer this question

Really? you couldn't just tell the guy no class D wouldn't be as good for your mids and highs is class A b you're better off spending your money on a class A b amp without being condescending or snooty about it?

Even if your opinion went the other way where ya class D would work fine why do you have to try to insult somebody's lack of understanding about this with rough advice and being condescending?

is that the only way you know how to come across then you need to seek counseling.

I'll help you MattDutts, you'll get far better sound quality out of a class A b and it's worth spending the little bit extra money but going with a reputable company like B2 audio and their class D would be a fine option as well,but the money spent on a good company like B2 audio for their class D you can spend the same amount on a lesser expensive company class A b and come out the same or even better.

See how that worked?

8 minutes ago, AaronT said:

Really? you couldn't just tell the guy no class D wouldn't be as good for your mids and highs is class A b you're better off spending your money on a class A b amp without being condescending or snooty about it?

Even if your opinion went the other way where ya class D would work fine why do you have to try to insult somebody's lack of understanding about this with rough advice and being condescending?

is that the only way you know how to come across then you need to seek counseling.

I'll help you MattDutts, you'll get far better sound quality out of a class A b and it's worth spending the little bit extra money but going with a reputable company like B2 audio and their class D would be a fine option as well,but the money spent on a good company like B2 audio for their class D you can spend the same amount on a lesser expensive company class A b and come out the same or even better.

See how that worked?

I asked a question first because I'm not sure how to explain it. But there is plenty of sq guys running class d.  I'm running class d in mine and well

3 minutes ago, MattDutts said:

Im pretty thick skinned tonasty dw haha, so go for it. im always down to learn as much as i can in car audio

Ok again I'm not trying to be a dick but its the only way I can explain.  Basically if you have to ask that question. You probably wont be able to tell the difference listening to a class ab or d amp.  But it's also dependent on what your setup is

Thats fair enough, tbf Ive not heard many systems so dont have any kind of comparison. I just wanna make sure im buying all the right bits that are gonna last and Im not gonna want to swap out any time soon, that is, without spending my lifes' savings on gear I don't even understand or appreciate..

There are cheap Class D and Quality Class D. 

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12