Second Skin Audio

Should I just sell the old stuff?

nickybee123

So since april or may or something Ive decided to get back into a car stereo, im in my early 30s and Ive had an aftermarket stereo in every car ive had until my latest one, and it was because it was my first (pretty much) new car,  12K  miles when i got it. so anyways after a few years I decided the factory sound system was garbage. Well to say the least car audio is one subject that I can honestly say the more I learn the more I realize I dont know. So im open to any advice here.  So far I bought a 600 watt amp on two kickers and ran that for like a week and returned it because it wasn't nearly loud enough. upgraded to the brand new 2019 kicker 1200.1 thats 1ohm stable thinking "hell yeah this is one cool amp" paid almost 400 for it plus the two kicker comp rs actually made my windshield shake enough that my rear view was useless and the roof actually moved (a little) it was nothing crazy but by far the loudest system I had had. Well fast forward to now. Im Running a skar rp2000 to two Machete v2 d1s wired down to 1ohm, 1 xp3000 battery, 1 d4800 battery (both xs power)I use a  Maestro DSRI as my dsp and to get 4v pre outs. a few runs of 0gauge ofc (I never did the big three because A my alternator is behind my compressor and takes substantial work to get to, and B my car came with 2g electrical from the factory and a 160 amp alternator, my car is pretty basic not a lot of electrical inside didn't spring for the extras. (parking assist etc) however I will be getting this done when the weather cools off a little.) Im running another 400 taramps to 4 Jbl components at 2.3 ohms that sound absolutely incredible. im sure higher dollar speakers sound better but for my unspoiled ears they sound great. So in my cloest I have a 1200.1 kicker amp thats about 2 months old, just gathering dust, along with 2 kicker comp rs, Would it be stupid to run the kickers along side the machetes in their own seperate enclosure?  could I gain match the kicker amp for a 3rd machete? is there anyway I could put this any of this old equipment to use? Thanks in advance, I have a feeling my money would be better spent trying to get the vocal volume up and the sound deadener game up enough to overcome that insane 40hz rattle. I only listen to stuff in the 30-38hz range when it gets in the 40s my car sounds like a maraca. Thats with a 30hz tune too! oh well.  Thanks in advance for any ideas.

sorry i cant read your 1000 word post but i saw kicker and thats all I have to say about kicker.  sell everything man before it depreciates anymore since u wont be using it. 

while youre making changes just cut all the bullshit everyone does and put in a wall with four 15s on 5000 watts right now.  save yourself 7 years of buying amps and subs dealing with the more bass itch.

goodluck bud

Archived