Second Skin Audio

Need 8" sub recommendation

AaronT

Looking for an 8" sub

Mounting depth 5" or less, dual 2 or single 4. 

Plays in sealed .326 cubes max.

Was looking at the following;

RF p2 8, image dynamics idq 8, arc audio arc8, a focal I can't remember the series, gladen rsx 8 and Dayton audio ultimax 8.

Looking for 250 RMS.

All the subs I looked at I second guess them based in reviews. Need some direction. Not a vs. thread

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@aaront

I thought u said your sub power was 250 watts!

13 hours ago, AaronT said:

Looking for 250 RMS.

2 hours ago, AaronT said:

t1000 on sub

if you are running a T1000 

dc audio 8" at 1 ohm all day!  https://www.wccaraudio.com/dc-audio-m3-8-inch-subwoofer-261.html

or stick with RF 8" if u dont want all that bass but if u do u HAVE to post pics, we drool over matching rockford fosgate setups

I should of said subs in that wattage seem a better fit as I'm dead set on using factory Mach system quarter panel enclosure, which is only .326 cubic feet sealed (measured by filling it with water, holds exactly 2.5 gallons.)

Not trying to flex vehicle or anything just want to round out the sound so it's nice and complete.

I'm using spacers I made for enclosure that will give me a max depth of 5" for mounting. Those big ol assed subs kinda want more air space and most want ported.

So I was looking for a pretty efficient sub that will work in the given airspace. I got two other vehicles that satisfy my high school days I won't let die with insane bass. This is the family car grocery getter cedar point trips vehicle  lol

I'm still super curious how 2 6" jl w3's would be compared to a single 8. But also don't want to plop tons on money in subs either wanna stay $250 or less on sub stage.

So it seems, given every sub I looked at that wants small airspace sealed is around 250-400 rms. So I kinda set that point so I wouldn't get recommendations of subs that are nutty big

But if one will play sealed well, then I really don't care if it's 700 RMS 

Looked at a focal expert, but I think it's mostly name I'm paying for with that. 

Still open to all suggestions as I know nothing of subs in the 8" catagory other than seeing the monster 8s in blow thrus

2 hours ago, Gunnem said:

@aaront

I thought u said your sub power was 250 watts!

if you are running a T1000 

dc audio 8" at 1 ohm all day!  https://www.wccaraudio.com/dc-audio-m3-8-inch-subwoofer-261.html

or stick with RF 8" if u dont want all that bass but if u do u HAVE to post pics, we drool over matching rockford fosgate setups

I will post right now everything but amps and wires is in transit 

Decks is is, still have to deaden the doors and quarters, run big 3, run power cable, run 12 guage knu cord speaker wire, get audio control matrix plus hooked up under dash, (gotta have my 8 volts) get enclosure reinforced, 

Waiting on CES 220 amp alt (14v internal bypass)getting underhood battery picked out, and few small kinetics in rear (going to be hidden)

Only thing visible will be amp rack and crossovers for t2 components.

I wish I could use my copper chassis rf deck, but kids gotta have video. Really wanted to use my power hx2 10 for this (got one nib, paid thru the fuggin nose for it) but I could not find a way without a damn box being visible 

Contacted gately, and he said he'd need car and enclosure, I offered to buy a used enclosure from eBay and just ship it to him to make a box fit the location for 10", but hasn't got back to me on that. Plus I don't want to have $600 into a box for an 2007 escape. It does have low miles under 70k, but I can dump that coun into the GXP

https://www.dropbox.com/s/frhs67nmvuyp4sj/20190726_142657.jpg?dl=0

The amps that are going in, am going to mount different, 

Archived