few deh80prs issues anyone else having?

Goomz

Hey all, newbie here. Im running a deh80 prs, ive had it for a little under a year. I have 2 problems with it. Problem 1...I've searched the forums here and seen exo post about if you are over 150db the face may need a dab of hot glue in the top right corner to keep the contacts connected. Im nowhere near 150db with this issue, sometimes the volume is on 0 and if I try to enter a menu, the screen blacks out and doesn't respond. sometimes even removing the face completely doesn't make it work. I don't use cd's or anything, ive set the gains with my dd1 already so I wouldn't mind if I lose the cd. Anyone else have this issue? 

2nd issue is that my phone (galaxy s8+) connects to Bluetooth, I can not change tracks with the radio, I have to control tracks through the phone. pioneer's website says 2012 models only in bold lettering that the only update they offer is for an iPhone fix. My radio is stamped 2018 on it, yet the firmware is a different version than what the website says. Should I leave the update alone? I tried to go into the developer options in my phone and change the bt from 1.5 to 1.4 1.3 and still nothing. I've never seen these problems from a pioneer deck in 13 years. Thanks

instagram.com/installsbypat

51 minutes ago, Mike4068 said:

The 80prs is not compatible with Android only iPhone that's why you can't control from the deck. You'd think that they would have upgraded that but no. 

I appreciate the reply. That's so stupid. Every other pioneer radio I install has no problem with ios/android 

Still need to update the firmware, that also happened to my 80prs with android. It was an issue with the newer style bluetooth software on both android & apple, happened to me 2-3 years ago, the firmware update fixed it.

The faceplate blacking out also happenes to me at high volume low frequencies, I just put a small piece of double stick tape behind the right and left side of the unit, only peel back one side of the tape and stick it behind the face.

• 2 weeks later...

Will give it a shot, thanks

On 9/2/2019 at 9:16 PM, slowfkncar said:

Still need to update the firmware, that also happened to my 80prs with android. It was an issue with the newer style bluetooth software on both android & apple, happened to me 2-3 years ago, the firmware update fixed it.

The faceplate blacking out also happenes to me at high volume low frequencies, I just put a small piece of double stick tape behind the right and left side of the unit, only peel back one side of the tape and stick it behind the face.

On 9/2/2019 at 9:16 PM, slowfkncar said:

Did the update, and it works! Thanks a lot. Ive never seen a bt issue like this with any pioneer radio in 13 years of being in the field. Never thought to try the update because it says iPhone and dated from 2012. 

8 hours ago, Goomz said:

Did the update, and it works! Thanks a lot. Ive never seen a bt issue like this with any pioneer radio in 13 years of being in the field. Never thought to try the update because it says iPhone and dated from 2012. 

It was an issue with bt 4.0/4.2, Apple switched to 4.0/4.2 a year before android which is why it says for apple, they should have updated it but whatever.

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2019 at 5:16 PM, Mike4068 said:

The 80prs is not compatible with Android only iPhone that's why you can't control from the deck. You'd think that they would have upgraded that but no. 

So which deck are people recommending that's available for us to buy brand new that's compatible with Android and as good or better?  I'm in the market for a new head unit.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

1 hour ago, moh.vze.com said:

So which deck are people recommending that's available for us to buy brand new that's compatible with Android and as good or better?  I'm in the market for a new head unit.

My deh works basically perfect with android (one plus 3T) and iOS after I updated the firmware. No issues so far. Saying that I agree it’s a little over priced for what you could get out of a decent head unit half the price paired with maybe a good DSP or something for crossovers if going active

Archived