Second Skin Audio

Prepping doors for second skin

2 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

Acetone,  or some rubbing alchohol.  Meh, just a decent clean will do you fine. That shit sticks like no other. 

The only thing with this car it's a very low miles Ford escape there's like under 60000 on it I got it for a awesome deal but the previous owner was an old man do I swear to God must have had stock in armor All because like I feel like I'm on a fucking slip and slide when I enter this car you can't even get into thing without leaving black streaks all over your clothes from the door seals being so oversaturated with armor all so I'm only guessing that there's a lot of build-up on the inside underneath the door panels

I'm going to be tearing into this project in about 45 minutes the only thing I've done so far was think about it I'm going to go home and rip off all the door panels, install the battery do the big-3, dead everything and then I have to wait on the components and all the other shit step by step

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

15 hours ago, AaronT said:

So what do you use to clean the metal surface on the doors prior to applying second skin? I was thinking of denatured alcohol or 91% rubbing alcohol but I could be wrong what is the correct way to prep the metal surface?

We recommend denatured alcohol as some degreasers leave a film behind. If you do use something else first, just wipe it down with denatured alcohol before using. 

• Thanks (+1 Rep) 1

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

Don't forget to take before and after pictures, we love to see your work in the Customer Gallery and all entries are eligible for our quarterly $100 store credit giveaways. 

Customer Gallery

• Thanks (+1 Rep) 1

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

3 hours ago, AaronT said:

The only thing with this car it's a very low miles Ford escape there's like under 60000 on it I got it for a awesome deal but the previous owner was an old man do I swear to God must have had stock in armor All because like I feel like I'm on a fucking slip and slide when I enter this car you can't even get into thing without leaving black streaks all over your clothes from the door seals being so oversaturated with armor all so I'm only guessing that there's a lot of build-up on the inside underneath the door panels

I'm going to be tearing into this project in about 45 minutes the only thing I've done so far was think about it I'm going to go home and rip off all the door panels, install the battery do the big-3, dead everything and then I have to wait on the components and all the other shit step by step

What kind of build do you have in mind for this vehicle ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch