Second Skin Audio

SP4 Help

BirdMane

I'm planning on building a new box for my FI audio sp4 v1 15 with a scv-3000 amp its going to be the first box i have built can someone just double check to see if I'm on the right path? Those are pretty much the max measurements i can fit into my back seat. Im wanting it at 32hz and do you think the sub could go into the middle of the box on the side fine?  spacer.png

Unfortunately the RE online box calculator isn't very accurate.  It doesn't account for things like sub displacement or bracing displacement.  If you can get a copy of Torres it will be more accurate.  Or even better, design the box in CAD software like Sketchup.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Here is your box specs in Torres,  I tweaked some numbers a bit to get things to fit better and included a double baffle.   I've found that your actual tuning comes out a bit lower than what Torres shows so you should end up right around 32 hz.  You will want to make sure you have some internal bracing for sure. 

image.png.a7b6c749fb60bbd354eab19cb31f8d7b.png

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

9 hours ago, BirdMane said:

This may sound stupid but how do i make the port length 40 if the box is only 38? or is that the total length of the port?

The port wraps around the side of the box and along the back.  Your 40 inches of total port length is when measuring down the centerline of the port.  

8 hours ago, BirdMane said:

Also my last question is i have very limited space this is going in the back seat in a Camaro , Would it sound better if i had the sub and port facing the ceiling vs firing on the back seat i only have a max of 2in of clearance from the port with that build. 

You are going to want to have more than 2" of clearance in front of the port, so face it whatever direction you need to to get that.  

So you are putting this box in the back seat?  For the love of bass please do things right and remove the back seat so you can SECURELY BOLT the box down to the car.  Sub boxes in back seats have killed people when they get in an accident.  I hate to see this happen to anyone so PLEASE make sure the box the well secured.  Use straps, angle iron, big screws, whatever you have to do to make it safe.  

Builds:

good example of how a subwoofer box flys when not secured right.  This guy is lucky it went out the back window and didnt pinball table inside the cabin of his range rover.

Skip to :20

Archived