DEH80prs wont turn on, what am I doin wrong¿

BigZ

Howdy friends,

I'm in the middle of gettin a 80prs hooked up in a 2011 elantra, this is gonna be the 3rd deck installed in this car and this is the only one I'm having issues with. I'verewired it several times to no avail, changed fuses throughout the car even though none were popped just as a precaution and connected the deck direct the the battery and it turns on fine. I've also replaced the wiring harness in the car with no sucess.

Question is what am I missing, what's the issue that I cant find/fix¿ any and all input is appreciated. Cheers. 

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine.

I'll have to steal one from a buddy of mine, at this point I assume you're right and one of if not all 3 is being problematic, once I check it out, what's the solution from there¿ 

21 minutes ago, CrackFactory said:

What harness are you using? PAC, Metra, Crux?

I'm using the Metra harness, 70-7304 to be exact, same one I've used for all my prior decks

If you don't have constant power, you probably have a blown fuse. 

If you don't have acc power, you probably have a blown fuse.

If you don't have ground, easiest solution would be to just run a new one. 

Use the volt meter to check fuses.  Make sure you check all of your fuse boxes.  Most cars have one under the hood and one in the cabin.  Some cars have more than two. 

Finally got it sorted, turns out it was a fuse that was labeled entirely unrelated to anything to do with the stereo but after some translation it and research it actually was an important fuse and it had popped, all is well and you guys are appreciated. Cheers! 

Archived