Sonic Electronix

Wanted to say hi tell my story and get some input on my upcoming setup

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Casparado said:

If you're using the LPF on the head unit, don't use the one on the amp... reason being you can have phase issues if you use more than one LPF at the same frequency. 

I set the LPF on the head unit then turned it up to max on the amp itself that is what Most people said to do when using the head units LPF.

• 5 weeks later...

Well wanted to give an update. Some member from another forum helped me out with a box design. I wanted to remain here even though nobody has replied to me figured some would be interested in an update hoped at least. Recently ive purchased 4 Fi Audio SSD 15D1 subwoofers. 2 Incriminator Audio AI40.1 RESERVE amps, 1 Incriminator Audio AI3.4 amp for my highs, 1 (of 2 planned) northstar SMSADM220 batteries. 30 feet of Knu Karma 8GA speaker wire. And Got my box mostly build just need to round router the bracing, port entry and exit and put the baffles on top. Built with heavy duty MDF and Titebond3 wood glue. Yet to come is 370 amp mechman elite alternator build will be going in back of my 09 tahoe... I felt blessed I was struggling with a box design and my friend who designed this one spoke with the guys at Fi. And I had a 9:30 am call the next morning from Scott the owner and he was extremely helpful with all my questions about the box, the subs, my future plans he even knew the incriminator amp specs off the top of his head without even saying anything but the model, he gave me his cell and said get ahold of him anytime with questions about the audio shit. Scott from Fi is a great man I want that out there first and foremost the level of respect he gave me knowing he was far beyond my dumb ass was something I will never forget. He talked about Steve Meades 4 18s in his tahoe. Stand up guy. Anyways My plans are double runs of knu kollossus 0ga ofc and same for the big 3. I got all dbwerx all copper wire ends and wraps and Also vibration insulators for my amps. They seem like a good company as well.

box.jpg

sub24.jpg

incrimamp.jpg

bat.jpg

Also purchased Incriminator Audio I65C Component set to run off the 3.4 amp for my highs in the front. Not the greatest but I've never been a huge fan of highs and The 3.4 plus that component combo should satisfy my verbal needs from what I hear? Anyone have any experience with that set of 6.5s+tweets? https://www.ebay.com/itm/INCRIMINATOR-AUDIO-I65C-6-5-85W-RMS-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS-SILK-TWEETERS-CROSSOVERS/132962993342?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Anyway wanted to say whats up. Appreciate any input from people. Ain't lookin for nothing but advice. Hopefully @Gunnem Ate that chocolate cupcake I don't eat sweets not even on my birthday. Cheesecake only RARELY but new york style plain. All im lookin to do is get good with everyone let me know what ya guys think. My budget is pretty good. Just cant do a wall due to having to use back seats sometimes. But Can do a deep box from seats to door. If im carrying people i can mash the port right against the door and not play. But when im not the captains seats fold right up against the front seats so I can slide the bod as far forward as necessary, which is how it will be 95% of the time. Curent box is 15cu ft

I will definitely be tuning it with a tuner! The old system didn't warrant it because it was cheap. I wouldn't spent this kind of cash and not do it proper. But the one good thing is the clipping indicator on the bass control knob. In a couple of the amplifier reviews the reviewers said it was totally spot on with their meters so thats a plus. I can tune it and have the clip light for peace of mind as a backup. But yes I will most likely go with the DD-1 it seems to be the popular time tested choice

That's cool to hear about the owner of Fi. I love companies that are down to earth and willing to help us little guys out! I had a similar experience with a tech from Focal. Super nice guy and followed up with a ton of info for my for my specific situation. I think Fi is going to be my next brand once I decide to upgrade my sub stage from 1x12" to something larger. Can't wait to hear how your system sounds! 4x15's makes me just a little jealous... 

Archived