Decided to go 2 way active!

AaronT

2 minutes ago, AaronT said:

Yes 4 - 6.5" drivers. 4 tweeters. One in each doors sail panel. 8" sub in passenger quarter panel enclosure.

Gotcha. Installing the front tweeters in stock locations. You won’t need the tweeters for the rear doors. Not sure if there’s a factory location for them ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

If you plan to stage and image this vehicle, you will have problems. Unless, you run the front passive off of the 2 channel and run the rears off of the head unit or a small 2 channel.

If I remember correctly, your passive networks will have a 12 dB slope to them, which is perfect. 

Btw, you will want your head unit in normal front, rear, sub mode for this. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

41 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Gotcha. Installing the front tweeters in stock locations. You won’t need the tweeters for the rear doors. Not sure if there’s a factory location for them ...

Well I kinda made factory locations for them

I realized that the sail panel shapes are identical in front to back. Only difference is the front panels are deeper for tweeter mounts. So I went to local "you-pull-it" junkyard and bough a set of front sails to modify for rears. They came out perfect fit. Just had to trim the crossover mount area that was there for the factory tweets  also had to relocate the body panel clips for the front panels to clip into rear.

I'll keep that slope being more shallow recommendation in mind and more than likely use that idea 

I came up with slope and freq. Based exactly on what RF had the passives specs listed at 

9 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

If you plan to stage and image this vehicle, you will have problems. Unless, you run the front passive off of the 2 channel and run the rears off of the head unit or a small 2 channel.

If I remember correctly, your passive networks will have a 12 dB slope to them, which is perfect. 

Btw, you will want your head unit in normal front, rear, sub mode for this. 

So you're saying to trash the entire active idea?

I really wanted to give it a shot, and it will save time from having to build a rack for all 4 passives.

Although they do look cool, and wouldn't mind displaying them. I do not want them inside doors.

Ok, so you’re doing a full 2 way front and rear doors ... Awesome. 

“Active Processing” means “front stage and image” only, no rears with the exception of the sub bass. 

If you want “active processing” ... it’s easy and can be done with your equipment. Just not the way you’re planning things now. I will be glad to help here ...

It's the second set of comps in the rear doors blowing it?  Will it be that bad? I was assuming it would sound no different than if passives were used through out with speakers in rear doors, with slightly tighter more accurate sound?

Enlighten me please, I AM HERE TO LEARN.

Where are you located ??

Archived