Electrical Upgrade Help

Alright guys, so I sort of have two separate question but they're both related. I'm in the process of having my doors fiberglassed to house my mids and highs. I'll be running (2) Skar FSX 10s, (4) 6.5s - two will be the Deaf Bonce Sylvesters and other two will be Skar FSX-  and (2) compressions. All of that in a single door. Each speaker is 4ohm and rated at about 150 wrms, except for the compressions. I already have an amp that I was gonna use before I decided to add more drivers, so this amp (Stetsom 800.4) will be the one powering the 6.5s. I'm planning on ordering the Skar RP150.4 to power the 10s and compressions. That will only be temporary, as I will be getting another amp specifically for the tweets. For the sub stage, I have a Stetsom 3000.1 powering 4 15s. The subs are seeing nowhere near that power because the gain isn't even halfway, and my electrical isn't upgraded yet....which brings me to the question. I'm still running a stock alt on my truck (2006 expedition) and I only have one battery up front. I'm not sure on the amperage of the alt but its apparently not bad because my lights barely go dim, only when i'm really pushing the subs lol. When I go to upgrade, I already have an idea of what size fuses i'll need but im a little confused and to WHERE they will need to go.   I will have an extra battery in the back to have at least some reserve until i can buy more batteries but if i have one battery up front and one in the back, how exactly would i need to run my power wire since im going to have 2 amps (eventually 3) for the mids and highs and one amp for the subs? Would I need to have 1/0 ran from the front battery to a fuse, to a fuse in the back before going into the rear battery, then from the rear battery to a distribution block and fuse, then to each amp? Or could I run 4awg from front battery, to a fuse, then to a distribution block to each amp for just the mids and highs..and then run 1/0 from the alternator to a fuse, to the rear battery and then from there to a fuse and then to the sub amp? I keeping reading and hearing different things as far as making a run from the front battery to the rear battery opposed to making a run from the alternator to each battery. Which is the best way/correct way to do it? 

Also, my second question- does anyone know where I could get a high output alternator and a dual bracket for an 06 expedition? Mechman doesn't seem to carry them for my model truck and i can't find a dual alt bracket anywhere.   I apologize for the lengthy post, I just need to know what all I need to order without spending more than I need to and I wanna do these upgrades the right way the first time because I know how crucial the electrical side is to run a system. Thanks in advance for any replies and advice!

Correct about the alternator run. Distro blocks make everything nice and neat as compared to individual fuse holders. It's up to you, I have individual fuse holders mounted next to each other because it was cheap and no one is ever going to be admiring my wiring anyway so there was no point in the added cost. 

Alright, well the reason i mentioned having a run from the alternator to both batteries (instead of connecting the rear battery to the front) is because I read somewhere that you should run a wire from the alternator to the front and rear batteries so that they charge equally, giving less stress on the alternator?? 

Both batts are going to have to be connected anyway and once you shut the vehicle off the batteries are going to level themselves out. For instance if you had a front batt resting at 12.8v and a rear resting at 12.6v in the morning both would be resting around 12.7v. It's a good idea to check your resting voltage periodically and put each batt on a charger to top them off. 

Ideally that's what you'd want because of charge rates and so forth. However, you can still run similar batteries. I have a Northstar group 31 in the front and a Northstar smsagm220 in the rear. Both are agm batteries and I have no issues. What you don't want to do is run an agm with a conventional flooded battery although some people do and do not have issues. I'd go as big as will fit under the hood and equal to or greater than in the rear. 

Archived