Second Skin Audio

Sub Wiring advice needed.

Scotnemily

So I got me 2 new American Bass XR 12" subs in yesterday. This morning I got around to looking at both subs. Looks like they sent me 1 dual 4 ohm (two 4 ohm coils) and a dual 2 ohm (two 2 ohm coils) sub. I was planning on wiring these down to a one ohm load on my amp. If I remember correctly If I wire thes 2 subs that same way I would be closer to a .75 ohm load. (hmm looks like it would be closer to .67 ohm) Like I have said I have been out of this for a long time. I don't remember all of the formulas for calculating this stuff. Did I do my math correctly? I am pretty sure my amp can handle that. I know The guy I talked to said he has seen them wired below .5ohms and give no problems. My main question is, should I just send the 2 ohm back and get another 4 ohm, or run the two that I have now for a slightly lower load? I am using an alphard audio aak 2000.1 for my amp. thanks for the help.

Send it back.

No matter how you wire it, the dual 2 ohm subs going to see more power. It's going to move more. Even if you have them all connected in parallel. It's going to see more power. And do not make it work when you have a legit claim and return window still open 

It's not like you went out and bought a pair of used subs from Facebook, you bought brand new subs. And were sent wrong product. Do not "make it work"

Thanks I was also wondering about that. I wasn't sure if that would be the case or not. It seemed like it would take more of the power but I just wasn't sure. On a side Note Amazon came through for me on this. I contacted them and told them what happend. I said I was going to need to return the dual 2 ohm sub. I also told them they are not on sale anymore and I didn't want to pay more for the replacement. If it was going to cost more I would just need to send both back. they apologised and are sending out a dual 4 ohm at no cost to me, and here is the awesome part. They said just keep,donate,or dispose of the other sub it is my call. no charge for it and do not return it! That puts my cost per sub down below $100 each for these American Bass XR12's. Though it looks like I will only use 2 of them.

I have been with amazon for 13 or more years and have been really happy with them. there has only been a few times I feel they let me get screwed. Without going into much detail a company that sells on amazon screwed me over lied on the phone and through messages and even with this proof amazon still sided with them and refused to help even though they were clearly saying one thing and doing another. Besides that any other complaint has been minor. 

This time I did not ask nor expect them to give me a subwoofer for free. If I was unable to use it, I did expect to be able to return it since I recived the incorrect item. I was even willing to try to use it until it was recommended not to. they were super helpful though and in the end I have an extra sub. not sure yet what I will do with it. I may put it in another car as a single 12" or I might sell it to a friend. either way it was a win for me. Though I will have to wait another week or so for the replacement. Not that I have a box ready yet...

4 hours ago, AaronT said:

I'm an Amazon delivery driver and what you just got was called a concession.

Amazon does take care of their customers that's for sure naked people concessions just for being in the picture when they take the photo of the delivery sometimes 4 of of driver happened to pull in someone's driveway in the customer complains about them pulling in

LOLWUT?

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Well I have had some excitement. So after Amazon sent me the dual 2 and dual 4 ohm subs instead of two dual 4 ohm. They sent out another. While it was in transit, I called the guys at GP Audio. (Great guys over there) after talking to them they said I would have been better with my Deaf Bunce amp to have gotten dual 2 ohm subs and wired down to 1/2 ohm, as long as my electrical could handle it. They say these amps love to be wired low. According to them they have had one playing daily wired to 1/4 ohm for a year with no problems. Anyway I was wishing I had told Amazon that I wanted 2 dual 2 ohm subs. Oh well I can always hope they will mess up again right? Well turns out that is exactly what they did! I now have 2 dual 2 ohm subs! But wait it gets even better! Shortly after getting the sub delivered I get a phone call. I almost don’t answer as I didn’t know the number. I did, and I am glad I did. It was the amazon representative that assisted me with this problem. She just wanted to make sure I had received my item and there were no issues. I said I did receive it, again it was the wrong item but I would use it anyway. She apologized and seemed very concerned. She asked if she could place me on a brief hold. After she came back she apologized and said they would not be able to let me ship the item back (I wasn’t going to) and said instead they would just refund the order and I could re order if I wanted. I would have to dispose of the item on my own. She asked if this would be acceptable. I said yes. She asked if there was anything else she could help with. I said no. So now I have 3 of these subs for a total of $144.00 not too bad.

Archived