Sonic Electronix

So I am having some trouble with some noise in my system. Currently, I am running a TWK-88 DSP to a Rockford Fosgate 4 Channel Amp to run my 2 way active system. I always get a low hissing noise and alternator whine through the speakers. I have tried unplugging the 2 sets of RCAs that go to the amp from the DSP and that makes the hissing and whine go away. So I know it's not the amp introducing noise. Another extremely weird thing I have run across is if I have only 2 of the 4 RCAs run to the amp, then I get a very loud hissing noise. I have also tried plugging the RCAs directly into the amp, and I still get noise into the speakers. So I am guessing the noise is coming from the RCAs. I am using Stinger 4000 series 6 channel RCAs. They are running opposite side of the car as the power wire, but next to two sets of speaker wires.

I am having trouble tracking down what part of the system is bringing the issue.

Any suggestions?

Could it be the head unit, or the RCAs, or a grounding issue, or...?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2019 at 12:04 PM, Jreneberg said:

I have really good speaker wires. 14 Gauge OFC from Sky High.

Its not that.  The signal comes from the rcas. Not the speaker wire.  To me it sounds like a ground or just a noisy amp.  

Archived