Sonic Electronix

So if you unplug the Rcas from the headunit does it go away? To me it sounds like a grounding issue either the headunit the amp or both also it could be that part of the metal of the rcas contacting something it’s not suppose To.. try wrapping the ends in electrical tape if you can pull the rcas out and run over your interior try that see if it’s still there

Tried different RCAs, over the interior, to the DSP, and directly to the amp. Same thing. Gonna try a ground directly from the battery to the amp. Is it okay if I use smaller gauge wire? I've got 0 gauge positive from the battery, but only 4 gauge long enough to make it from the battery to the amp.

19 hours ago, Jreneberg said:

Tried different RCAs, over the interior, to the DSP, and directly to the amp. Same thing. Gonna try a ground directly from the battery to the amp. Is it okay if I use smaller gauge wire? I've got 0 gauge positive from the battery, but only 4 gauge long enough to make it from the battery to the amp.

For testing purposes should be fine, (just don't play above 25% of rated power during test to be safe) but ultimately you need to use the same size ground as your power wire. 

Archived