Sundown Audio

T25001BDCP strapped Hot 143°F

Stephen Sawyer

Too hot?

I have two t25001bdcp's strapped and the slave amp gets hot like I can keep my hand on it for about 3 seconds before having to move it (143°F today)  its definitely got hotter. It had me curious to how hot it was soni picked up a electric thermometer and have started to shoot it when I think about it after playing a few songs. The Master amp dosent seem to get as hot, I've heard these amps will get fairly toast when strapped. Just curious if this is semi normal. Any input helps 

2015 Nissan Titan Crew cab

(2) Fi Sp4 d1's (series/parallel wire to 1ohm load)

Bassaholics box design @32hz

Electrical:

Mechman 280 alt

Xs D6500 & D3100

Single runs of RF 0ga

Both amps are gained matched at 86.2v with t440 scope

Stephen S.

What's ambient temp? Amps in the sun? What does your cooling solution for them look like? As in - sitting underneath something, secured to box, etc etc. Also bear in mind you're strapped at a 1 ohm load, presenting 0.5ohm to each amp.

I'm also a bit confused on your comment on gain matching. They're strapped, no?

5 hours ago, AaronT said:

How are the amps installed? Is one underneath the other or side by side?

If stacked the the bottom one will naturally be more hot as it's harder to disipate heat in most cases. Sometimes the top one can be hotter as it's picking up heat from bottom.

Side by side on amp rack. Some what positioned behind rear ac vents

Stephen S.

4 hours ago, SnowDrifter said:

What's ambient temp? Amps in the sun? What does your cooling solution for them look like? As in - sitting underneath something, secured to box, etc etc. Also bear in mind you're strapped at a 1 ohm load, presenting 0.5ohm to each amp.

I'm also a bit confused on your comment on gain matching. They're strapped, no?

Figured I would atleast state that but, yes there strapped. I matched them individually before setting them in the master/slave modes even though once in slave mode it shows 35<v

Stephen S.

3 minutes ago, Stephen Sawyer said:

Figured I would atleast state that but, yes there strapped. I matched them individually before setting them in the master/slave modes even though once in slave mode it shows 35<v

They are mounted side by side on risers on an amp rack which is also mounted to the box. Not direct sunlight 5% tint all around and 50% on the front windshield. They are also positioned in front of where my rear ac vents blow from the back of my center console 

Stephen S.

Archived