BIG 3 questions

Long time member here... Barely post; I mostly just lurk/search and find the info I need. 

Anyway, I recently bout a 2011 Tahoe. In the process of doing the big 3 upgrade and I’m just a little confused. So there’s a 175 megafuse that’s fed from the battery then on the other side it’s branches off to the alternator with a 4 gauge wire and the main under hood fuse box with an 8 gauge wire. I’m confused as to why there is a 175 fuse on an 8 gauge wire here.

My plan was to run From alternator to inline fuse, then to battery with all 0 gauge. Then from battery to another inline fuse to the 8 gauge fuse box. I was planning on just fusing this wire at the inline fuse at like 60 amps, but the way the factory has this all hooked together is just throwing me off and I’m not 100% sure how to proceed. 

Im sure someone here has dealt with this same kind of issue before and can shed some light on this for me. Thanks in advance to any help!!!

Anyone??

I was hoping to get some more done on this project this weekend, but I don’t want to just go with my intuition and start popping fuses or damaging circuitry in my truck!! I’d appreciate any input anyone may have on their thoughts about this. I’m sure some of you that did installs in newer vehicles came with this same kind of megafuse. What did y’all do?

I left all that stock on my Avalanche. I added a second batter under the hood, then upgraded my Alternator. 

There’s a link to My build log pics somewhere on my signature ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived