Second Skin Audio

An enclosure for P2D2-12

Instinktas

This is my first post and I hope not the last. From what I've been reading and some of you more knowledgeble been saying is that even a shitty sub in a good enclosure can outperform the greatest subwoofers in sub par enclosures. Right now I am running a rockford p2d2-12 in a stock box from rf powered by an R750-1D amp. It gets plenty of power and yet Im not satisfied with what Im getting. I know RF doesnt get much love here and its not a great sub but before I buy something else, I want to try a new enclosure. The recommended Vas by RF is 81.5  litres (~2.8 ft) and the stock box is only 52 litres so Im confident the enclosure is the problem here. I have ~4ft of space available for the box and I'd have no problem of using it all. The question is does anyone have a great design for this sub and if not, where do I start making it myself?

40 minutes ago, AaronT said:

RF gets much love here 

The p2 is an entry level sub. Don't expect much. 4 cubes is not going to do anything but hurt that sub.

Recommend sealed is 1.02 cubic feet

Recommend ported is 1.79 cubes tuned @ 40 hz.

Vas is not  translation to box volume 

Then Ive been reading too many bad posts about RF. If thats the case about this sub, I guess its time to upgrade. This is a total change of topic. Is there anything you could recommend for this amplifier that would really make me feel a difference? Im mainly looking for something that would make me feel those hard tight drum kicks like in concerts or beats in the chest like in the clubs. I really feel like my bass is lacking compared to T262S in the front for highs and 2 PPS4-6 in the back for mids. My budget is around 350$ for the sub, I can do little bit more if anything close comes up. I'd guess for my power and availble space a single 12" or 15" would suffice?

2 hours ago, AaronT said:

Nice components. I'm going to be installing 2 sets today actual.

Did your budget, get  a American bass xfl 12 dual 2 ohm. Give it 2.5 cubes ported @ 38hz. That amp is fine. It's underrated it's around 1k easy.

Thanks, sounds good,ill look into it. Btw i knew rockford underrates but I had no idea i could be so much

2 hours ago, Instinktas said:

Thanks, sounds good,ill look into it. Btw i knew rockford underrates but I had no idea i could be so much

An xfl 12 with at least 1k in the right box will be a HUGE step ( or a few steps honestly) up from what u already have. I tried and beat the stitches out if my xfl on 2k and it just ate and wanted more. Phenomenal sub and a very good price for it. I had mine in 2.5 cubes at 32hz and it would take ur breath away in my lil blazer. 

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

4 hours ago, Instinktas said:

Is there a big difference between xfl 1244 and xfl 1222 other than ohms?

Specs r same ( if I remember correctly). Just one is dual 4ohm and other is dual 2 ohm

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

Archived