Sundown Audio

Sq amp 4 channel. Is phoenix gold zx475ti still a good amp to today standards?

ssmokeyy

I'm building a 3 way focal setup in my subaru and amp space is at a cost.  So i have been looking at all amps new and old. Phoenix gold zx475ti has always been on my list of amps i want to have but I also want to make sure im not wasting my money on something 20 plus years old when there is better for the same cost. I have been looking a the jl xd and rd lines not sure about them since there class d and i have been wanting class ab or g to get the sq with dynamic sound.  I have also been looking at the rockford fosgate power 600.4 power class ab.  If there is any other new or old school amps please list them Longest i can fit is 16 inches long.  

So you are building a 3 way Sound Quality Setup and your looking for a 4 channel amplifier to push it ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Looking for an amp to push the focal's I have lots of amps that can get loud but i want something that can get loud and sound very dynamic at the same time. The amp i was going to use was the alpine pdx-f4 100 by 4 but just want something more.  P.s i can get a zx475ti for 235 just wondering if its still worth using those amps or look for newer gear.

17 minutes ago, ssmokeyy said:

Looking for an amp to push the focal's I have lots of amps that can get loud but i want something that can get loud and sound very dynamic at the same time. The amp i was going to use was the alpine pdx-f4 100 by 4 but just want something more.  P.s i can get a zx475ti for 235 just wondering if its still worth using those amps or look for newer gear.

Just Saying you would need 6 channels of amplification to run active 3 way. 

BTW ... according to your goals, Focal products might not work for your application ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Yep thats what focal dealer said they do. u have to install the mid driver and tweet next to each to make it even sound good. Really i never said i was going to go active i could run all the drivers off the crossover and be happy Just wondering about amps not the speakers. I'm going to be hard on these speakers no matter what. My daily driver i have morel hybird 602 speakers and run them off kicker zx650.4 and love the way they sound. my z has morel elate ti 602 but this time i wanted little brighter sound. That car i use arc audio kar amps. super nice amps. plus the ps8 dsp. again im not trying to go that over kill in this subaru.  Just looking for clean dynamic sound that can have some fun with. 

I run Linear Power, but they only make 2 channel amplifiers. 

Archived