Sonic Electronix

Sound Deadener for doors

Does anyone know of any good writeups, reviews, videos, or tutorials on sound deadening doors? I've seen a few and I'm undecided on which product and method I should be using. My main goal is to sound proof and seal up my doors as good is possible to be more like an enclosure for the 6.75" drivers. 

Ive seen stuff from Second Skin, Raammat, and ResoNix. Raammat has cheapest butyl and aluminum deadener but the butyl is 1/2 as thick as the ResoNix which is the heaviest of the three. 

So, I'm really trying to hear from somebody who has personally worked with any of these products, specifically with sealing up doors..

Thanks. 

Check out Mark's CAF (Car Audio Fabrication) section on here and on you tube. He's got some great videos and tutorials on how to properly sound deaden and seal your doors, and what materials to use where. 

As for sound deadener, I used 80mil Noico deadener. It's not the best but the price point was right for me. I doubled it up in certain areas and it seems to be working well. Second Skin is probably the best, but I'm on a budget and had a lot of sq ft to cover. (However the roller I bought from them broke after applying only half the box. That was pretty disappointing.) 

On 9/23/2019 at 8:26 AM, Casparado said:

Check out Mark's CAF (Car Audio Fabrication) section on here and on you tube. He's got some great videos and tutorials on how to properly sound deaden and seal your doors, and what materials to use where. 

As for sound deadener, I used 80mil Noico deadener. It's not the best but the price point was right for me. I doubled it up in certain areas and it seems to be working well. Second Skin is probably the best, but I'm on a budget and had a lot of sq ft to cover. (However the roller I bought from them broke after applying only half the box. That was pretty disappointing.) 

Are using any MLV on your project? If so, who'd you get it from? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 5:14 AM, GeorgeLukas said:

Does anyone know of any good writeups, reviews, videos, or tutorials on sound deadening doors? I've seen a few and I'm undecided on which product and method I should be using. My main goal is to sound proof and seal up my doors as good is possible to be more like an enclosure for the 6.75" drivers. 

Ive seen stuff from Second Skin, Raammat, and ResoNix. Raammat has cheapest butyl and aluminum deadener but the butyl is 1/2 as thick as the ResoNix which is the heaviest of the three. 

So, I'm really trying to hear from somebody who has personally worked with any of these products, specifically with sealing up doors..

Thanks. 

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

Check out our new Owner's Manual section on the website, full of helpful information.

Here is an article specifically for doors, https://www.secondskinaudio.com/sound-deadening/car-door-insulation-for-best-car-audio/

You can also check out our Customer Gallery from customer and shop submissions from the past 19 years that Second Skin has been a leader in the sound and heat insulation industry. 

We are also available by phone 1-800-679-8511 Mon-Fri 9 am to 4 pm or by email at [email protected] for any help or information. 

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

Archived