What is this phenomenom with Crossovers?

Qwiz

My only goal is to get rid of that reverbed echo bass how its called idk. Which i am exp since ive got this useless car and setup.

it seems no matterwhat i do i find myself in same sht so yeah.

just want it to sound normal without this echoing doubling of the bass waves. ithis btch doesnt want to, it didnt want to let itself fixed no matter what i did in 3fckin yrs so yeah 

• 2 weeks later...

You know what man, if your head unit lpf doesnt make a difference from 200/12 to 80/12 and your 100% positive you didnt cross any rca's, I'd just call pioneer to explain the problem because it just seems your unit is defective or your being fooled by your front stage with a flat eq.

This is USELESS guys. For the very first time it fkin played NORMAL. Holy sht.

Let's begin from the start. Signal comes from the 80PRS through the sub preout to the rd 1000 input, than finally to the sub. Settings are almost as showed. LPF on 80PRS is set to 200Hz Slope 6db now and LPF on RD 1000 on the lowest <50Hz, Bass Boost 0. Phase is now NORMAL and not on REV like in the video. In the video you also see that switch which I missed. It was set on LOW on the amp. Because I thought this is for good HUs with nice preouts, while the HI was good for speaker outputs, which it recommends if you are req to use so.

However in the manual it states that when the switch is set to LOW it operates on voltages between 200mV and 2V, while on the HI 800mV and 8V. So this is what I did. I have set it to HI. And now this btch is now banging as it should have since the begining. I can finally enjoy some good quality bass

So now I can enjoy crossover point on the amp at around 70Hz it plays so good at high volumes finally. This type of bass like it should be it is undescribable but one thing is for sure. It never fails. Every song sounds good. It never fails your soul. It's undeniable

Now after remembering how I started this topic and what I have stated. There could be a lot of incorrespondence. I have said in the beginning that "I have now 100% clean bass output with those LPF settings" which again turned out to be another illusion.

This time it's over. Every song sounds good. I have played it for 4 hours straight.

That LOW HIGH switch on the rd 1000 amp is mischevious.

Thank you all for your opinions on this bitch. Case mf closed

I see what you were assuming.

Hi was for hi level inputs (speaker level input) and Lo was for low level inputs (line leval RCA)

But in reality the switch was all bases on low leval input, and the switch just set it's ability to deal with lower leval RCA voltage and higher leval RCA voltage.

it only has RCA inputs, next to these has its own rcs preouts.

I assumed it because you could convert a speaker level output to an rca output.

Before I had this setup, I had as HU a Pioneer with 2V preouts, so having the rd 1000 set to LOW input Voltage plus a corresponding good gain knob position would equal great sound output. back then I had as a sub a JL w3 in a JL ported box tuned to specs but it sounded bad and I still don;t know why, I just remained with the assuption the box for the sub was a cheap build straight from JL original. and it seemed like it was. I mean that mdf material was very weak, breaking down easily.

after that episode I have changed the HU getting the 80PRS together with an ESX sub and a custom 50L slot ported box, new hu has 5V preouts but didin't cross my mind to change the switch to HIGH Input Voltage. It is also self explanatory what that switch control. The Input Voltage, therefoere how powerful your HU outputs are, and also of course setting the gain accordingly. This story this haunted episode of my life is a very old one. It started with buying this new car almost 4 years ago.

Last thing I mention, when I first upgraded the sound setup, I wanted to leave the Radio original, which later turned out to be that useless radio which cuts out the low freqs as you turn the volume up, this and that etc. It was a long frustrating journey and I m fucking glad for once it is finally over!

Now it BANGS THE SHIT it sounds like it should it hits all of the low keys as I have remembered them, doesn;t miss any notes, everything crispy clean. Its been a few days now with this big change and everyday I am STUNNED by how good it plays. The other times I thought it was resolved, the next day it seemed again it's still sounding bad so...

sorry I Didn t understand what you meant Aaron.

I still don t understand why the bass wasn t even close to normal and what I have gone through completely useless lol

My first setup comprised of a Kole qx 620 which in a 4 Ohm bridged gave 360 Rms to a Spl Dynamics v300 350w and a Pioneer 4100sd with 4V preouts. Now I m not sure the working voltage of the Kole Audio but I remember having the gain set to 95% and even over 56 57 Volume bass was tight clean real enjoyable how its supposex to f be.

If someone could explain that everything is somwhow connect in a way I mean if you get yourself an 80prs you dont get an amp with 2V working voltage or so. I am pretty sure it shouldnt be that complicated how i am imagining it the only problem being that I am a noob in this domain thinking he knows shit

Ha. Now I know how lucky i was in my first ever experience with good bass in a car. Also how back then I didnt realize the parts chosen for the setup were compatible with eachother allowing me to enjoy the sacred tight bass

video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcsYhWFFuOU

Archived