Second Skin Audio

Surrounds - Stitched vs Glued

Surhoff88

What are your thoughts on this? Does anyone know if companies that stitch their surrounds also glue them, or is it one or the other? Ive always had the feeling stitched was stronger and more durable but I have no evidence to support this whatsoever except that companies list double row stitching of surrounds as a key feature and selling point on the marketing literature, website, etc.  But then I look at the DC level  6 and Neo Elite which do not have stitched surrounds.  Those things are fucking beasts with insane power handling so no stitching cant be too weak, right?  Anyways just something that always runs through my head when geeking out over car audio shit and wanted to hear anyone elses thoughts.

I would think that most of the stitched ones are also glued. I have always felt the stitching was more of an appearance/marketing thing. I am sure it can't hurt, but I am sure that as in most cases the adhesive that is used forms a bond stronger than the material itself. The stitching might help strengthen it, but I am pretty sure it isn't really needed.

Archived