did you know 48 hertz is mid range sound ?

4 hours ago, AaronT said:

I asked a question. I did not make a statement.

Your bookshelf speakers don't mean Jack shit in regards to 48 hz being mid range.

Mid range is not even 120hz. This is midbass.

Mid range is much higher 1khz is a mid-range frequency.

So again, exactly how did you set your crossovers on your sub.? Did you eyeball it real good? 

Second identical thread like this.byur first one was "did you know 66hz is mid-range?"

What, you didn't get a good enough troll fix out of that one, had to be even more over the top?

Guess what, 23hz is mid-range because I set my crossover at that and sub sounds good.

yeah 120 hertz is not mid bass my 5 inch bookshelf speaker does 90 hertz a lot better then my subwoofer so this means 90 hertz is mid range sound also I use the audacity computer software to create the crossover for my subwoofer and tweeters

3 hours ago, seinbeans said:

I use the audacity computer software to create the crossover for my subwoofer and tweeters

If you would read my post carefully, you will understand what’s going on. You can set your  crossover to anything you want, you drivers will play them. However, drivers have their limits. They will either play the notes or they won’t. People like me that run the same drivers for ten years or better know the driver’s limits and set crossovers accordingly. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

3 hours ago, seinbeans said:

I use the audacity computer software to create the crossover for my subwoofer and tweeters

Wait? This is all in regards to your computer speakers and whack ass bookshelf's?

Lmao.

I bet you build subs from scratch too, huh?

1 minute ago, AaronT said:

Wait? This is all in regards to your computer speakers and whack ass bookshelf's?

Lmao.

I bet you build subs from scratch too, huh?

No need for all that ... just simple research and comprehension.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

14 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

If you would read my post carefully, you will understand what’s going on. You can set your  crossover to anything you want, you drivers will play them. However, drivers have their limits. They will either play the notes or they won’t. People like me that run the same drivers for ten years or better know the driver’s limits and set crossovers accordingly. 

Exactly.

You can Cris a Tweeter from 2k to 5k

It will play it all and sound good doing it.

50 watts at 5khz is nothing for a Tweeter. 50hz at 2 watts will completely destroy it.

(I'm staying this to OP, not you lightning)

Also a "mid bass" driver will play 63hz to 2khz.

Will it enjoy doing 50-80? No, same as it won't like 2k. But it will do it and sound ok provided it's clean signal and power.

3 minutes ago, AaronT said:

Nah it's a troll. 

I see this type of lot on the Facebook audio groups same exact pattern of speech

It’s possible.

on a side note, I have a pair of bookshelf speakers that I replaced the drivers with my Linear Power 5.25” component set that was in the dash of My White Lightning Silverado on low power and they play well into the low range frequency scale. Was going to add a sub to them but found no need after I listened to them ... 

2 hours ago, AaronT said:

Exactly.

You can Cris a Tweeter from 2k to 5k

It will play it all and sound good doing it.

50 watts at 5khz is nothing for a Tweeter. 50hz at 2 watts will completely destroy it.

(I'm staying this to OP, not you lightning)

Also a "mid bass" driver will play 63hz to 2khz.

Will it enjoy doing 50-80? No, same as it won't like 2k. But it will do it and sound ok provided it's clean signal and power.

my BOSS TW-30 tweeters can play 1975 hertz better then my 5 inch bookshelf speakers so I set my tweeters crossover to 1975 hertz yeah and my 5 inch bookshelf speakers is a lot better with 90 hertz so I set my subwoofer crossover so my bookshelf speaker is the only speaker that is playing the 90 hertz

If you're not messing with us. I apologise.

There ya go, you just said it yourself. A certain x-over point in a given driver or Tweeter sounds better to you . It's all about user preference. Our preference doesn't class certain frequencies into a given categorie. 

This here is the standard list audio spectrum

0-19hz - sub Sonic

20-60hz - sub bass

60-250hz - bass

250-500hz - low mid-range (mid bass, etc)

500-2khz - mid-range

2khz-4khz - upper mid-range

4khz-6khz - presence

6khz-20+khz -  brilliance

Regardless of what type of driver reproduces said frequencies or how it reproduces frequencies doesn't change where the frequencies fall in the audio spectrum. The only thing that the former is representative of is how the driver is made or it's intended purpose

I encourage you to stick around and learn. We all start somewhere some of us start with a looser grasp of this than others. But we all have a common bond  AUDIOPHILLIA.

even our most knowledgeable members are still in the learning process, albeit at a more refined and advanced way, but no one is the mecca of this.

Also that being said a speaker is a very very inefficient tool to reproduce sound   

Archived