did you know 48 hertz is mid range sound ?

54 minutes ago, seinbeans said:

well the website of my bookshelf speaker say the frequency response is 48 hertz to 20 kilohertz https://www.mtx.com/monitor5i-bookshelf-loudspeaker and I tested the bookshelf speakers my bookshelf speakers makes the 48 hertz perfectly

But you also just said that 48hz sounds like mid-range from the bookshelf speakers. That right there is proof they DO NOT make 48hz perfectly.

I'd they did, it would not sound like "mid-range" to you 

Try this, go to a local car audio show, get a demo from someone and ask to play 50hz sine wave then tell me if you honestly feel these frequencies are mid range.

2 hours ago, AaronT said:

But you also just said that 48hz sounds like mid-range from the bookshelf speakers. That right there is proof they DO NOT make 48hz perfectly.

I'd they did, it would not sound like "mid-range" to you 

Try this, go to a local car audio show, get a demo from someone and ask to play 50hz sine wave then tell me if you honestly feel these frequencies are mid range.

after I set my 15 inch subwoofer crossover to 48 hertz I can hear bass sound I never hear before but bass sound I used to hear a lot is not there anymore but I sure the 48 hertz crossover setting is the best setting so I will try to stick with it 48 hertz setting

14 hours ago, AaronT said:

Yes, because your rolling off everything after 48 on the sub  and hearing a more focused deeper sub bass

I found out the 48 hertz crossover setting on my subwoofer is no good 65 hertz is the best crossover setting for my subwoofer so if you want the best bass sound in the world your subwoofer should play 65 hertz but your subwoofer should avoid playing 90 hertz as much as possible

5 hours ago, seinbeans said:

I found out the 48 hertz crossover setting on my subwoofer is no good 65 hertz is the best crossover setting for my subwoofer so if you want the best bass sound in the world your subwoofer should play 65 hertz but your subwoofer should avoid playing 90 hertz as much as possible

I cross mine between 80 and 100

In my current system. I go sub 80 down @ 30db

Mid 80 up at 24db hp, lp mid 3k @ 12db.

Tweeter 3k up at 18db.

Sounds nice.

But in my younger years it was sub 63 down at 24db. Then usually just 4 sets of coaxs at 100up at whatever vslope amp gave.

I'm really enjoying normal balanced bass these days that doesn't wash out my other frequencies.

Archived