did you know 48 hertz is mid range sound ?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, seinbeans said:

yeah

No ... No it's not.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

2 hours ago, White Lightning said:

No ... No it's not.

my sound system sound messed up when my subwoofer crossover is set to 48 hertz and it seems like half of the bass sound is muted but when I listen to crystallize is sound really good the bass is so quiet I think 48 hertz must be the best crossover setting for my subwoofer cuz the mid range is emphasized with that setting

59 minutes ago, seinbeans said:

my sound system sound messed up when my subwoofer crossover is set to 48 hertz and it seems like half of the bass sound is muted but when I listen to crystallize is sound really good the bass is so quiet I think 48 hertz must be the best crossover setting for my subwoofer cuz the mid range is emphasized with that setting

A good Mid Bass driver in optimal setting will play down to 40 htz with no problems. Making a Mid Range driver in optimal setting play into 40 htz range is literally driver suicide. sounds "from the minimal info you're giving us about your system" to me like you need to make sure everything is wired up correctly.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I asked a question. I did not make a statement.

Your bookshelf speakers don't mean Jack shit in regards to 48 hz being mid range.

Mid range is not even 120hz. This is midbass.

Mid range is much higher 1khz is a mid-range frequency.

So again, exactly how did you set your crossovers on your sub.? Did you eyeball it real good? 

Second identical thread like this.byur first one was "did you know 66hz is mid-range?"

What, you didn't get a good enough troll fix out of that one, had to be even more over the top?

Guess what, 23hz is mid-range because I set my crossover at that and sub sounds good.

Archived