Second Skin Audio

please help me

maliblu_99

hi i watch your videos a lot and was wondering if you can help me out. i just bought a 2019 tundra platinum that came with the jbl system and it sucks. what would you recommend putting in and want to be stock as far as no real mods like moving seats or anything like that . thank you 

If you dont want to tear your truck apart to find speaker sizes then you can use crutchfield. Put in your vehicle info and it will tell you what will work with your vehicle. I wouldn't buy from them though.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Is it a crew cab or double cab?

I had a Tundra Crew cab and fit 3 12's behind the seat pretty easily.  Only had to move the rear seat forward 1 click, Im over 6 ft tall and still fit back there comfortably!  You just have to remove the JBL sub, splice into the wires for a LOC, wire up your subs/amp and you're set!

From what I have been reading those system from jbl in the tundra are very soft and weak.

Adding a sub to weak factory mids n highs is a terrible idea.

The type of LOC I was referring to was from Audio control. One that will sum all of the limited output speajer levels into fill range rcas. Then replace all factory drivers

On 10/10/2019 at 6:37 AM, BYTizzle said:
On 10/9/2019 at 11:03 AM, AaronT said:

4" non amped coaxes did not keep up with 3 13s and sound good.

It was just out of control bass with no regard to how music is supposed to sound

I don't wanna hear the mids in new rap crap anyways lol, might be the way to go, add sum horns and subs ND b all in! Like a " mute" button for the aweful lyrics 

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

Archived