Second Skin Audio

Deciding between 2 sundown subs, small area

Cbillings1985

I run 2 SD-3’s and am very impressed.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

10 hours ago, Cbillings1985 said:

Even with cone size difference you think output will be higher with the 8? I'd like to play decently low, doesn't have to make me deaf but I'd like to feel it a bit the punch and rumble.

Usually there's no replacement for displacement, but the stroke of the sa 8bis much deeper than the e10.

You will need to build a nice ported box for it though 

Have you looked at image Dynamics idq10 V4?

8 hours ago, AaronT said:

Usually there's no replacement for displacement, but the stroke of the sa 8bis much deeper than the e10.

You will need to build a nice ported box for it though 

Have you looked at image Dynamics idq10 V4?

I have not looked at image Dynamics but will take a look. Overlooking sundown sub specs again and looks like I could do an SA10 or E10 as they require the same space. I am sure the SA 10 would be plenty for that small of a car.

7 hours ago, AaronT said:

Also Orion's xtr pros and hcca's are still good subs.

Also have you looked at the x12?

Or any of the B2 audio 8's or ct sounds 8's

I recommend you check them out as well

With only 600 watts RMS I figured the XTR Pro and HCCA wouldn't perform all that great since their power handling is much higher than my output

Trying to crunch numbers on the box I have designed as far as dims and it comes to 1.6cf minus the sub 1.49.  I want to tune it at 35hz. I have read SA10 need 18" of port area.  

My trouble is trying to find the gross volume for the box if port area is 12x1.5 how long does it need to be to be at 35hz?  Without knowing the port volume I cannot find the vb to enter into this calculator.  

https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

If I can put an SA10 in this size box rather than an E10 I will.

Archived