Sonic Electronix

Awesome Install Sir. Especially the amplifier rack. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/12/2019 at 11:47 AM, White Lightning said:

Awesome Install Sir. Especially the amplifier rack. 

Thank you lightning. Means a lot coming from you.

Only thing pics don't show is after it was all buttoned up interior wise. I noticed a fault in one RCA, so I gutted interior again (ffs) and ran all knukonceptz Krystal cable RCA. 3 sets of 2 channel. That was some of the most difficult damned RCA to run around corners. The bundle was the thickness of 2/0 cable.

Still not done  yet, I bought a second factory enclosure from a junk yard and the local audio shop I been going to since I was 15 (yes same shop, same owner for 25 years) agreed to let his son help me with modding and fiberglassing it.

I'm basically going to cut the entire front off of it, and use just the back of it for bolting up to factory holes in body of car. This way I can form the front and give myself enough airspace for a 10" sub. 

In the pic you see the big recess for factory amp to the right of sub? Need that space also there are 4 ¾" spacers on the sub, I can bring enclosure out to the 2nd spacer and still be flush behind trim that goes over it 

8" just isn't cutting it 

Also I found during all this that machine screws bite Soo damn hard into mdf if proper pilot is drilled. Way better than PEX and all other screws.

Got 8 number 8s going through the mdf rings securing it to housing with flat and lock washers and locktite.

Also the ec5 connectors used on all speaker wire at amp rack allow quick disconnect.

50 minutes ago, Gunnem said:

did i read that right??  eight 8" for midbass??  ooooh

why not get a 1000 watt 15" at 1ohm?
something wicked like dc audio or fi audio

I'm not filling the entire car with a box.

This is a work vehicle grocery getter 

The big shits in my gxp already 3 power hx2 12s on t2500.

34 minutes ago, AaronT said:

I'm not filling the entire car with a box.

This is a work vehicle grocery getter 

The big shits in my gxp already 3 power hx2 12s on t2500.

I like the sub placement.  I'm going to do something similar in our equinox with a 10 sealed 

I was gonna ask why u didn't put the amps in the storage tray under where ur current amp rack is, but looking at the rest of the pics, ur truck doesn't have that spot. Did a buddies escape, put his mid/high amp in that recess and put his sub amp where factory sub box was and 2 12s against back seat but there was PLENTY of room in that package tray for all 3 of ur amps. I gotta see what year his was , thought it was close to URS. Awesome install tho, amp rack is sweet, protected and still plenty air flow . 

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

Archived