Sonic Electronix

Got the idq installed today.

Sounds way better than the sd3. I just think the sd3 is not a fit for a small enclosure as Sundown says it is. They say .2-.4 I'm giving it .4 before displacement being inverted

Idq says .33 and I have it non inverted. Way more bass at lower excursion and doesn't bottom out inspite of botvsubs having  near identical xmax. Idq is 14mm sd3 is 15.5mm

I'm very happy with this sub. As my buddy sein would say "it's best bass sound in the world". Lol

Seriously though I've in the last few weeks had sd3, Alpine type r 8, fosgate p2 8.

The idq is far better in my application and enclosure than the latter choices.

I now have best sound system best bass sound and best crossover settings in world!!

LOL. Wish I could get a listen to it  ... 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

49 minutes ago, AaronT said:

Honestly I would feel guilty for letting you hear it. Same way mere mortals heads would explode I they heard the voice of Jesus spoken to them. It's very likely normal peoples ears just aren't ready for the best ever sound system in the world.....

Yea I really need to get off my lazy ass and get my 5” driv .... I mean 18” driver installed so I can enjoy some of the best sounding bass in the world ... 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

7 hours ago, AaronT said:

I'm very happy with this sub. As my buddy sein would say "it's best bass sound in the world". Lol

Seriously though I've in the last few weeks had sd3, Alpine type r 8, fosgate p2 8.

The idq is far better in my application and enclosure than the latter choices.

I now have best sound system best bass sound and best crossover settings in world!!

compress1571070695793.jpg

This pic just reminded me to ask, did u bypass the complete factory system or did u tie into it at all? That nice little screen above and to the right of the sub ( atleast the model i did an install on) is the sensor for the road noise compensation thingy...yeah that's the technical term lol. Even the factory integration module used it and it made everything sound like shit. I basically only stole power from factory wiring, no OnStar or none of that was there so didn't need anything else.

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

Archived