Second Skin Audio

(2?) Rockford Fosgate Team 15 box.

Splecc

You blew it? 

Jesus...

Those where, and in my eyes, still some great drivers. Sounds like your "sub builder" is going to a ti basket,  with the landing able to take the 10" spider. Which, the Ti basket is one of my favs also. Kinda a bummer, the rf drivers, arent or wont be oem drivers anymore. Sounds like the builder will just use the motors. Kinda a shame, to me. I'd have them rebuilt to OEM, and run them in another type of build, or keep them, in the closet. But, whatever ya wanna do mate. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are my only subs at the moment, one sub is about half my months pay so i really cant put them behind the glass just to look at them. Sent the woofer to Latvia, to a firm/guy called Nartaudio. He handmakes the coils, coils take up to 400c in temp. Going with a diffrent basket, not a ti basket unfortunately, just because the other option was 60€ cheaper. The new basket is some kind of chinesesium made, but he did tell me that they are as strong as a ti basket and would allow as much xmax as a ti basket. Theres gonna be 10" spiders, woven with triple leads, digital designs supercharged surround and cone with the original RF dustcap just for shits and giggles. Projected fs around 30ish and he's gonna measure all the t/s parameters for me.

Don't get taken for a ride with digital designs supercharged surround.

Supercharging what they do to their motors to give them more Force I don't think it has anything to do with the surround might be using the surround they use on their supercharged motors but I would opt for a cheaper option.

You should keep the original baskets and use them that sub was designed by the same person who created the ti basket TC sounds.

Archived